Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Udyr ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daim Bleu

07-26-2010

Okay so, in his champions tips, Riot tells us we can play Udyr AP.
Has anyone tried it ? Is it viable ?
What would you buy for this build ?
I want to buy Udyr just to play him AP (i love weird builds that works) but if it doesn't work, then it may be a waste of IP :/

finalformeskimo

07-26-2010

This would probably be better taken to the main boards or character discussion where there is much more traffic. Im not sure too many people really know the specifics of udyr too far, let alone how well an AP version of him would work.

Genuwine21

07-26-2010

Well AP would benefit his shield in turtle stance and his flames in phoenix... honestly if those are your favorite stances and you want to tank and lane, then it might be worth going high AP... though DPS is probably a better choice if you want to be really dangerous.

Daim Bleu

07-26-2010

If I ever wanted to be AP, what should I buy ?
Nashor's Tooth and Guinsoo's Rageblade seems like great items since they provide AP and Aspd for pheonix. And I think Lichbane is a must to dig out some damage with the stance dancing.
Not sure since I haven't bought Udyr yet. Any advice ?

xpsychedelico

07-26-2010

Many people don't build Udyr AP because his damage scales well all game by abilities alone, and many give him survivability (like sunfires, locket) so that he can last a long time in battle to kill everything. You may want to bring this discussion to the Guides and Strategy forums, you will get a lot more responses.

The items you mention are more Hybrid rather than AP. Pure AP items don't give attack speed or attack damage. For a Hybrid build, Guinsoo's, Hextech Gunblade, Trinity Force are some of the items you can consider getting.