Leona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twyndyllyng

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

So I recently fell in love with playing as Leona, but have had a hard time ironing out both my build and exact role on the team. Laning phase is pretty easy, I start with the HP/5 part of the philo stone and a ward or two potions depending on enemy comp (masteries for extra gold at start). Then I basically lurk in the bushes while my carry farms away and stun anything that comes near, usually setting up some kills. I work towards getting my merc treads/Ninja Tabi, but then I'm kind of at a loss. I'll usually end up getting Frozen Heart and Warmogs, which is usually all the gold I'll get.

In late game, I tend to be slightly underleveled as I need to stay wherever a teamfight might break out whereas my carries can peel off and go farm top, or kill wraiths or whatever. I have adjusted my masteries to try and account for this, but it still seems I'm always a little behind.

In teamfights, I usually ult the enemy carries and Q the enemies on my carries, and then jump into the fray with E and turn on W. I continue to stun as Q comes off cooldown. This is pretty much my most comfortable part of playing Leona, as I know what to do.

Anyone who can help with builds, runes or tips?

Sarise

02-18-2012

I play her as full support rather than tank. I build Locket, Shurelyas, CDR boots, and wards as my core. If for some reason the game is still going and I have more money to spend, I'll pick up either Zeke's Herald or Will of the Ancients depending on my team comp. If the rest of my team is very squishy (no bruisers or tanky aps for example) then instead I will pick up a tank item as my 4th item or make my Heart of Gold into Randiuns instead.

I usually find the need for a pure tank is unnecessary in most games. Even though support Leona is squishier than tank Leona, you're still reasonably tanky for a support and can get in there and help out your team without too much trouble. I think support Leona is much easier to pull off than tank, and also more reliable/useful to your team.

Dark Ajax

02-19-2012

if you are looking for a little for action, go for trinity

SwiftC3

02-20-2012

Trinity isn't very useful on Leona, It'll give her AS&Crit, a little bit of AP, and Phage/Sheen proc.... but none of it is enough to be worth the money, but that is just my opinion.

I

Zairex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Go to solomid for Leona builds.

YokoNomi

02-20-2012

Leona is a Main tank, Sub AP champion. However, her AP ratios are pretty terrible, so don't even bother going along that path. If you want a troll build, go tanky ad speed crit type and start stun locking them into a constant inevitable death streak.

I, however, favor her as a tank. However, because of how non-prioritized and weak she is in terms of minion farming, she's an assistant based champ if you do happen to go tank. So get some kind of gold gaining item early on like a heart of gold or phil stone.

azurefishie

02-20-2012

I try to build heart of gold, then Ionian (CDR) boots. Phil stone, Warmogs, finish Sherulia's and then build heart of gold into the Solari item. This gives you two GP/5 items, A decent bit of tanky-ness and full CDR (with 10% CDR in masteries) so you can use your abilites. I'm not pro at all but I've done well with this build. Also try to lane with a burst champ if at all possible. They will like your CC and you can get lots of assists.

liltoke

02-21-2012

Merc Treads
Randuins
FoN/Mallet
Warmogs
Atmas
GA

avenger214242

02-21-2012

hog, mercs, sunfire, locket, randuins, frozen heart, warmogs