Do they rotate free to play characters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rogadyn

07-26-2010

I read one of the recent articles in the news and it made it seem as though free characters rotate? Is this correct or am I interpreting the article wrong? Thanks!

finalformeskimo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

Short answer: Yes

They have not announced next week's champs yet or I would list them.

Rogadyn

07-26-2010

Alright cool so it refreshes every week? Very good to know for trying out new characters and narrowing down the IP purchases

Krazyxazn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-26-2010

I think its in one of their stickies about how they select champions.

They release the new rotation on patch days and not on an exact day each week. So whenever we get the patch later this week, we will probably get the new rotation too.

Ravel

07-26-2010

They do rotate the champs, but some of the easier to play, low-IP cost champs appear very very frequently *cough* Ashe *cough*. This is done on purpose, though, so that during any given week new players will have somebody relatively easy to start with.

This does make it difficult sometimes when you are looking to try a particular champion before buying them, but oh well - it does what it's intended to do.