problems gangplank players face

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

02-18-2012

when someone picks gp top or in the jungle most people like the idea that he can carry late game if necessary;however, this is when problems occur. To be able to carry as gp one must build him as such ex. IE, phantom dancer, and in the current meta most teams require that either the jungler or top lane or both become the main tanks of the team meaning that gp's build instantly is force into the standard atmogs and FON builds that have little damage late game imo making it therefore difficult to carry.
What should a gp do then? Sell a defensive item for an offensive item like IE late game? Isn't this counter productive because then your carry can't get as many shots off? Or does one resort to going for the offence simple because the carry isn't doing the damage and the tank has no choice?tbh iv never even been able to go carryplank in a game because my team always needs a tank I'd really like to experience what they mean when they say gp carries hard late game.

General Sassycat

02-18-2012

It's situational. If your going to be the main tank then go triatmogs and 2 more defencive items. If your going to be more of a dps bruiser/ off tank go Triatmogs, IE, last whisper. It all depends on if your team needs a tank or an off tank. Critplank isn't as good because champs like yi and Tryndamere work better as cleanups, which is the catagory you fall into as a melee ad carry. Yi chases harder, can alpha to dodge spells sometimes and to escape or chase, as well as his w which is a good last ditch effort. Tryndamere can spin in, slow and be immortal for 6 seconds, which hurts like hell when he is sitting on 1 hp. Critplank is using all of his abilities just besides his ult to be able to chase down his enemies, and even then he doesn't do as much as other carries. He'd have to use his ult to be able to catch people more easily, and if he did that why the hell didn't he ult to give his team the edge in the teamfight whilst he got ready for cleanup?
Maybe it's just because a lot of Critplanks i see are just stupid, but it seems like an awful choice over tankplank considering he lasts a lot longer and can still do a respectable amount of damage.

x scene x

02-18-2012

My solo top GP build in my last game was tankplank, I carried 15/3/12 with this build:

- boots of lucidity
- trinity force
- atma's
- warmogs
- last whisper
- infinity edge

Had about 3.5k hp and was critting 1000-1200s with parrley.

I find this build to be much more effective than critplank in mid-late game as I could farm well and had philo/avirice for gold per 10 which allowed me to have a strong late game.