Dear Riot : AFKer Solution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osama

02-18-2012

So I've been playing all day today, and I haven't earned a single win, due to every single game I have been in, people either go afk half the game, or leave at the very beginning. This is very frustrating, and this happens a lot. This game is all luck now, for even the best of players can lose games based on who they are paired up with and them going afk.

My solution to this is to give every user an AFK rating, that will start at rating level 100, and will go down points every time the person leaves the game or go AFK. When people are searching for teammates, they will be paired up with players based on their rating, so non afkers will have a lot lower chance of being paired up with an AFK, and AFKs will be paired up with each other more often. This will reduce the amount of "luck" in this game, based on who you are paired up with.

Please consider doing something similar to this. I hate playing with afkers, as it feels like a waste of time when it is a 3v5 and we end up losing anyways.

Bl00g000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

I support this

EyeBeMostHated

02-18-2012

Very nice

Gratti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2012

I think if the rating hits certain levels there should be a way to punish them. Such as a temp ban or unable to play online against other people

Spider1357

02-18-2012

What if as you lost rating, the only way to restore it was to play co-op matches or something?

Sephïroth

02-18-2012

You restore rating because its based on % of matches. Simple, right? This would really encourage you to not be a doochie bag. Love this idea, needs more upvotes.

Flash the God

02-18-2012

This is a nice idea. How hard would a system that works around the internet disconnections of some members?

Best Fizz EU

02-20-2012

Do want. Also, for every game you stay for the whole time, you get a SMALL amount of rating back. I.E.
Game 1: 100 Rating
Game 2: 100 Rating
Game 3 (AFK or Leaves or Disconnects): 90 Rating
Game 4: 92 Rating
Game 5: 94 Rating
ect.
This would make it so if you disconnect, it doesn't totally kill your rating, but it prevents you to afk/leave often.

Qwyxzl

02-20-2012

Something along these lines seems like a good idea to me.

azurefishie

02-20-2012

I like this idea. Riot should really consider it. Also could they make it so that if you got DC'd (bad internet or power outage/flicker) and you come back it will not affect your score.