Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New player - negative community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revanence

02-22-2012

This was exactly how I felt when I started playing. It's the worst when you are leveling up. Once you hit 30 its usually not as bad but you are what you make of it. That said, when I started I felt this community was worse then Counstrike, World of Warcraft, and xbox live combined. Players are definitely overly negative here. Just gotta try to rise above it and when you feel frustrated, log off for awhile. Helps to have a group of people your normally play with. That said, feel free to add me to play a few games if you'd like.

WeasuhL

02-22-2012

Add me man! I'll play with you.

Brithefryguy

02-22-2012

I wouldnt worry about others freaking out at ya, most people lose their temper on here and rage insted of offering constructive criticism, there seem to be plenty of nice people in this forum alone that im sure would be more than happy to help . That will eventually lead you to finding more nice people and possibly less ragers but dont take it personally.

Brithefryguy

02-22-2012

People should reveiw their summoners code for leave no newbie behind

Frightfire

02-23-2012

Quote:
Ðanté:
traditionally you shouldnt be playing against level 30s at level 10 unless you have in fact qued with one

sadly on this fact not so sure bc ive seen my buddies racked in vs 30s as 5 or 10

Vigilant Ronin

02-23-2012

Quote:
Personsir:
I'm guessing s/he does not want to play bots since they, you know, don't really take any skill and don't teach you much. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect to be able to go into a PvP (nonranked!) game and not get reported and cussed out.

@OP: Friend me and I'd be happy to play some games with you. Can't guarantee the other three people won't be jerks, but I'll try and give advice.

Agreed the summoners code promised you should help new players up hold the code!

xRias

02-23-2012

If they flame you just mute them. Just do your thing and attempt to get better. I'm not saying try going 1v4 or anything like that, i'm just saying don't listen to other people. I would say 90% of the people that I play with are just trolls. If you die once they go like "STOP FEEDING OFFMG REPOTRED MFOGMFOM" *Blank has disconnected* As they rage quit. It's just annoying, I enjoy the game but the people who rage quit and who flame you for the stupidest reasons ruin it.

Iink

02-23-2012

I was playing a Normal 5v5 game solo using Xerath.

A Shyvana player was telling me rude things because I was dying.

So i compared kills/deaths/assists to him.
I had the better stats completely, almost double his.
I was still positive in kills/deaths
He was Negative.

But yet he still harassed me?

What is this community coming to.