New player - negative community

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LowEloProblems

02-18-2012

All,

I started about a couple of weeks ago and I am still learning the game. Every game I play I get told to go play bots, go slit my wrist, or that I am being reported for feeding. If I don't die at all and stay back I get yelled at for not killing creeps. I am still working on finding that medium obviously, but I do not want to play bots.

I thought 5v5 was not ranked, no elo loss, so why the negative community there? These "smurfs" get mad if a new player is on their team, but they sure you don't mind when they are on the other side.

Long story short I have not received one tip, advice, gear suggestion, etc. It has all been name calling, insults, and "reporting". Where can I go to play with people my age and maturity level?

Thanks

Lotter Reed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

Try find another gamestyle, people are often like this in MOBA's.

Kilis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

this is LoL most people have the maturity level of 9 year olds. Only things i can suggest is go to mobafire or teamsolomid sites for builds or (you're not gonna like it) do some practice with bots to get better at last hitting. There is no shame in playing bot games, they are just dull cause they take no skill which means its perfect time to practice

bombomb

02-18-2012

You want to hop into a player vs player game mode and have your handheld pretty much? That isnt exactly a conducive enviroment to learning. If your still learning the game bots are great place to do just that but you dont want to play bots for whatever reason. Well players who join a pvp game mode dont exactly want to lose because someone new to the game wants a tutorial during a live match.

In short put some real effort in learning the game instead of joining a game mode dragging down the team and complaining about being harrassed. Dont get me wrong no one deserves being picked on but you arent exactly making things any easier on yourself or anyone else on your team.

Personsir

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombomb View Post
You want to hop into a player vs player game mode and have your handheld pretty much? That isnt exactly a conducive enviroment to learning. If your still learning the game bots are great place to do just that but you dont want to play bots for whatever reason. Well players who join a pvp game mode dont exactly want to lose because someone new to the game wants a tutorial during a live match.

In short put some real effort in learning the game instead of joining a game mode dragging down the team and complaining about being harrassed. Dont get me wrong no one deserves being picked on but you arent exactly making things any easier on yourself or anyone else on your team.
I'm guessing s/he does not want to play bots since they, you know, don't really take any skill and don't teach you much. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect to be able to go into a PvP (nonranked!) game and not get reported and cussed out.

@OP: Friend me and I'd be happy to play some games with you. Can't guarantee the other three people won't be jerks, but I'll try and give advice.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

02-18-2012

Friend some people to show you the ropes and lusten to polite people. Just mute the trolls and ragers because they are in every game mode and elo.

Ðanté

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoheadxx View Post
Friend some people to show you the ropes and lusten to polite people. Just mute the trolls and ragers because they are in every game mode and elo.
you can add me as well OP

TheLamentingLoon

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombomb View Post

This is a troll; don't listen to him.

You are running into a major problem in LoL that is perpetual: Smurf accounts, i.e. level 30s who make a new account under different names and then rag and rage at people such as yourself who are trying to learn in PvP.

1. The only way you can really learn the game is PvP. Bots are fine for learning combos or doing some practice games but as has already been rightly pointed out by Personsir they don't really take skill or teach you much.

2. Find a circle of friends who understand your need to learn. Skype, etc. is a good way to communicate and ask questions as you go. The other team may still harass but there is nothing you can do about it.

lockpooh

02-18-2012

I was having a bad losing streak w/ people who dc'd before minion spawn and afkers. Trolls who were purposely feeding and finally had a game with none of those and I was owning my mid lane. We had an ez who would face check bushes and just do really strange things that ended up with him dead. Tried to get him to stick with us but he seemed to wander off. I started getting annoyed and told him to stop sucking etc.

Anyway, after losing and my team getting annoyed at him because we were basically in a 4v5 I check his profile and noticed he only had a few wins as a 30 and looked really new. I felt bad and wanted to apologize for acting like an a** but he denied my friend request. I don't normally rage but was hopeful after a horrid few games. Some people rage cause they are freaks, sometimes people just have a bad game. Just ignore it and get better.

I find telling people you muted them and muting them for 5 minutes or so helps. When you unmute they think they are still muted and tend not to go on a rage fit against you but you still get to see the mias and useful info they spit out.

LowEloProblems

02-18-2012

The funny thing is this... You don't get runes or any mastery but you want to play LoL online. You go research guides, find a champion you like, and then queue up.

You decide to go AD and go bottom with a carry. You get chewed out because they are pushing your lane. Upon research the person you are fighting has triple your armor. Upon more research he is level 30 and fully decked in tier 3 runes with max mastery's.

It just sucks the designed it to where a level 10 gets shafted clearly based on runes/mastery's. I know, smurfs can do it but they have played longer then the 'new' players. Seems like a really lop sided disadvantage when starting a moba.

12345 ... 6