problems with ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mana montana

07-26-2010

i here people say she is insane carry but. I don't see it. when iplayher i always do craptastic dmg. but im mega mega soft. charges/slows/stuns easy tokill me.

also i dont seehow she could be a carry. normally the definition of a carry is someone that scales really well aka have abilities that scale with items mostly with auto attacks crit/aspd stuff like that. she has non of those and not really any nukes other then ulti but that is best used from long range.

Terchio

07-26-2010

Her main ability that makes her a carry is Volley. When you get high damage, the low cooldown on volley makes for a lot of quick damage constantly to all enemies. Beside that, she's an amazing ganker with her slow, and so she also farms up to be a carry quite efficiently.

Also, many carries are mega-soft. Carries typically kill so fast later on that eventually they'll be able to kill the whole team, especailly with effective usage of tanks/support champions, all before they have a good opportunity to get a killing blow on her.

Slogra

07-26-2010

Mercury's Treads are great boots to counteract those stuns and slows. They also provide some great early-game resist if you're fighting against mages, who tend to be stronger late game than physical carries like Ashe. If you're still having survivability troubles late game, then try on a Banshee's Veil. It provides addition resistance, HP, and the ability to block an ability (such as a stun or a nuke) every 30 seconds.

Also, if you're still having trouble surviving early game, then try messing around with HP quints or seals, either Flat HP or HP/level.

finalformeskimo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

While Volley is good, and her stun lets her make a big impact on fights, what makes her a carry is her ability to safely put out alot of damage over time with autoattacks. by group slowing and stunning the hard hitters she can safely throw out alot of damage. Generally buy AD, ASPD, and some lifesteal. as those are generally the most important carry aspects. you shouldnt need much lfiesteal, just take a vamp sceptre and upgrade it once and as long as you increase your AD and have also one good aspd item like starks or last whisper, you can pour most of the rest into AD for alot of damage very quickly during team fights, hopefully keeping you are a safe enough distance, just be careful because you will always be sort of squishie, but you have some of the best range in the game (i think tristana is the only one with better autoattack range).

This also means you can destroy towers very fast too, so after winning a teamfight and you having 3-4 chars and the enemy team having 1-2 you are going to be the one really making the progress, so you want to be alive afterwards.

Genuwine21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

A couple things should be noted about Ashe that make her hard for new players to play her:
-she has very little health
-her early damage is not so great
-she is meant to be used for slows and CCs (though she can be vicious damage, there are better DPS out there, and obviously crazy Nukers)

Ideally from a purely playing perspective this makes her bad for new players to really get anything going, because she is best in a team fight... and most new players have difficulty coordinating ganks or knowing when to throw into a team fight.