Difficult Choice for a New Champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duttch

07-26-2010

Hey Guys,

Trying to get a feel for some of the Champs and what to go for next. I've narrowed down my next pick to three individuals. I'm stuck between Udyr, Olaf, and Pantheon. All seem fun and interesting to play. I'm still fairly new though also and wonder if any have any glaring issues to playing them.

Currently I've unlocked Garen and Twisted Fate so far and am having a good time with both of them. I haven't been real pleased with the free champs this week so most of them are out for me. Thanks!

Damoklese

07-26-2010

As much as waiting sucks, if I were you I would wait one more day.

I believe tuesday's are when they release a new set of free champions. You may find that 1 or more of these champs you are interested in will be available, or you might find a different champ that you want to play more.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

-I found Udyr tricky to use, the truth is I've never actually realize how the **** you have to play with Udyr Maybe my brain is damaged in the Udyr sectors.

-Olaf, hard carry with R grants him inmunity to CC. Very good farming capabilities. Late game a farmed Olaf can break havoc. Besides he cans gank pretty well too, have a True damage skill that really hurts squishies.

-Pantheon, Insane physical burst damage. Great ganking capabilities, somewath of teamfight pressence due to his R. More burst damager, than an autoatacker. Shines early to mid, with his combo can blow up suishies harder than silvia saint.

just my two cents.

Duttch

07-26-2010

Thanks for the info. so far.

Any other comments on those three champs or advice would be appreciated.

Damoklese

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duttch View Post
Thanks for the info. so far.

Any other comments on those three champs or advice would be appreciated.
Ive been playing Pantheon for a few days now and he is good. Not all that difficult to play either. You have to build him for damage though so he can be flimsy if you arent careful.

His ult also is kind of meh. Its great if someone on the other team isnt paying attention and you manage to catch them with it... more often than not though you will probably hit no one..or barely clip 1 or 2 people. It does let you teleport to wherever you want on the map though... its just got a long cooldown so you cant really use it alot.

All in all..I like him..hes fun,... he looks awesome too. If you like melee carry champions you will probably like him.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

Maybe you should read a few guides,

This are the ones that I used when I started playing with Pantheon and Olaf:

Panth
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ty-guide.xhtml

Olaf
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...the-bomb.xhtml

No one for Udyr! My brain can't play him at all.

(therefore in the same site are a couple of great Udyr guides)

xpsychedelico

07-26-2010

Udyr is very tricky and hard to master. I don't recommend him if you're starting out.

Olaf is another tricky one, because the lower his health, the stronger he gets. You have to find a good balance of this in battles. If used well, he is a killing machine.

Pantheon has one of the strongest early games, which he needs in order to do well late game. You have to take advantage of it and be effectively aggressive and try and get kills early.

07-26-2010

Udyr is quite a good choice for higher level play since he can jungle (turns one additional lane into a solo lane) and can gank well. Can also be quite sturdy in fights if built correctly. It's really hard to run away from a level 3 Udyr with the lizard buff using bear stance once he comes out of the jungle. But I don't recommend jungling if you have a low level summoner and don't have any flat health quints yet because you'll have a hard time with it.

Olaf is fine if played right. He's another sturdy hero when it comes to battles, but along with Udyr, his laning capability isn't really all that great. Good chasing capability like Udyr and higher damage output but less utility. Kind of a tricky hero to master because his passive relies on your lack of health. If you're not super a super aggressive player and instead prefers to run away and stay back when you get low, I wouldn't recommend this hero-- along with Tryndamere.

Pantheon is the easiest to play out of all these three. He's a great solo laner that can bully almost anyone because of his stun and spear shot. The only complication that most begginer Pantheons often overlook is how to enter teamfights. I usually farm a lane and just ult in somewhere when teamfights break out anywhere in the map. Pantheon is a great cleaner but is also very squishy, so you have to be careful about burst damage and CC from the enemy team.

I'd pick Pantheon. These three have been underplayed so you woudn't have any problems with anyone 'stealing' you hero. Pantheon got a lot of play a couple weeks ago, but eversince Xin came he kind of disappeared. Xin is kind of like Pantheon but better because he has survivability and is definitely a presence in team fights. I'd tell you to buy Xin Zhao instead but a lot of people are using him at the moment and he almost always gets banned in ranked games.

Ninjuri

07-27-2010

I have seen each of them played well by different people, but here is my personal experience: I owned so much with TF and i notice that you said you like to play as him as well, that being said, i got Panth and he did NOT match my play style at all. I played him twice and left him there to rot. I don't know if you and me our similar because we both like TF, but if that is the case, than i would advice AGAINST panth. His ult is what dissapointed me the most, unlike tf where you can zap anywhere and get some nice ganks, it has to charge up a ****ton, then a HUGE ASS circle appears right where you are about to land, any anyone with half a brain scrambles just outside range before you land, not only rendering the ult useless, but alerting everyone and their **** uncle to where you are.