My mastery page is never what i actually chose?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyant Taco View Post
I've experienced this, and I believe I have a temporary fix until Riot figures out what's happening:

After deciding which mastery page you want to use, click to edit your masteries. Take a point away on the page you want to use, click save and use, then put the point back. You should now be using the correct page.
That would be consistent with my experiences, since I've only had this occur when not editing my mastery pages at all.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

03-01-2012

Do you guys browse through your mastery pages when not in game lobby?

WarpedMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

My friend has complained a couple of times about this.

Lame One

03-01-2012

I have had this happen to me as well. If it is of any importance (I feel like it would be), it has actually continued twice. I played as MF, then the next game as Morde... with MF's masteries ( they didn't change). The game after, I changed to Morde's masteries from MF's, checked 5 or 6 times, commented on it in chat, saying how I hoped that they would actually swap this time... and they didn't...

Etheric42

03-01-2012

I have this problem whenever I have deleted a mastery page recently. Usually restarting the client fixes it.

Uuhayd

03-01-2012

I used to have the problem too. I don't know the specifics to make it happen though, sorry.

MrDweezil

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotLykaeus View Post
I am having a difficult time trying to get this to happen.

Can you think of anything in particular that you did that may have caused this? Any habits in how you set your masteries, anything?
Assuming two mastery pages, A and B:

Start a game and choose A.
Finish it/quit/whatever.
After the game, edit your profile, and change/save B.
Start another game. B will be the initial choice in the drop down box. Change it back to A.
Check your stats when the game begins. You're actually using B.

Templus

03-01-2012

Finally a red commented!

This seems to happen whenever I mess around with (or sometimes even just look at) my mastery pages until I exit out of client and log back in.

However I think I might have fixed this issue by doing repatch all and then manually entering in all my mastery pages one by one. Perhaps it has something to do with the way that mastery pages are saved?

Fuzzy zombie kit

03-01-2012

@RiotLykaeus
This also happened to me when i "repaired" my installation of LoL.
Though, after exiting the tasks in task manager, and completely restarting LoL the problem went away.

ßårtõLõtråß

03-01-2012

Major problem frequently happening when you have different mastery pages and you change often. If you play the same one frequently it fixes; or if you edit the page u want then save it also fixes.