Dear god please help the elo!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Mostly just need to vent about this..

just had another game as support in low elo.. I fed our team, warded everything.. we were 10-0 before 10 min and I ensured that almost all of the kills were to our ap and ad carries... only died 3 or 4 times (at the very end of the match after 25+ min)

and our dps start going out solo and getting ganked repeatedly, soon its 10-11. then 10-17 by the 20 min mark, now we are team fighting and our dps start with the tanks and work their way down..

Me and volibear team up with warwick and pull off an unbelievable comeback by now its 31 all, and there goes our dps.. ganked, ganked, ganked, we see ashe at the top enemy tower when we don't even have a top inhibitor... some how manage to get her back without a death and then she leaves when the teamfight happens at full hp

its like 31-38 now, we some how push all their towers, all we need is an ace and we win! team fight starts at baron! we have them spread out and low! wait.. wheres the dps.. oh, they walked back to base when the fight started and get double killed by the jungle in our base...

now, I get that skill or whatever is supposed to shine through in elo.. but my last 8 matches have been almost identical to this and I'm about to drop below 1000 elo into an even MORE disadvantageous position.
I mean, if this doesnt at least suggest that our ELO system has some serious flaws then I don't know what to say... Matches at this ranking are essentially boiling down to luck and who got the ****tiest players

I mean we had 3 players performing amazingly, like the **** you see in the upper 1600-1800 elo and we can't win because of players like this.. we even educated them mid game about needing to stay behind the tanks and not to initiate or run far out of the base alone.. and they just don't get it.. even when we all agree on the kill order they go for the tanks and follow them off away from the team every time!!!

What are we supposed to do!?

Kansei

02-17-2012

Don't play conventional supports below 1200 or so elo (I would even recommend below 1400, but IDK)

Just play a kill lane bot (they can still play ranged AD), and be greedy with the kills. You will far outshine a soraka or sona bot with some farm, even though you don't have "heals"

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

What about alistar? I was playing him as a support tank, I had 2 kills, 4 deaths, and 22 assists

Our main tank had 16 kills(mostly from our comeback), 10 deaths, and about 20 assists, our jungle was like 6/5/14 and then the dps were 11/12/5 and 4/16/2

I've also tried to play jungle, tank, and ad carry but the results are usually the same every time, the bad player just fails at his other role (do they never pick support?)

Are there champs that I could expect to be able to solo with and carry the whole game consistently by using? I've heard mention of Mord, but thats the only one I know of