FPS drops at 15-25min

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Melkor

05-02-2012

MOOOAAAARRRR logs!

Erkebram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

2 weeks and the problem is not solved
god... i cant play :/
start with 55+ fps then drop to 1-10 at 15min and not only in tf ... EVERY*****WHERE
cmon riot

Lazy Jake

05-03-2012

I am also having this problem i can run on max settings and have about 80-100 fps but randomly i get huge lag spikes that last anywhere from 15 sec - a few mins and fps drops to about 25. I fallowed what riot says to do no back ground programs, ran anti malware, lower settings but still fps problems i repair and it doesn't happen for a day or so but then starts back up....

Darth Melkor

05-05-2012

Here's a link to where you can find the logs to post: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...f-legends-logs

Post as many logs as you can guys otherwise I don't see this ever being fixed.

Darth Melkor

05-07-2012

bump...

umich

05-08-2012

Man I've been having problems like this ever since I started playing this game over a year ago. I figured I just had a bad computer, but it sounds like my computer is pretty average on here. These are some of the related issues I've experienced:

Inconsistent frame rates at all stages of a game. Up until the last few weeks I would start a game with about 30 fps but this number would change constantly even when nothing on the screen changed. After a recent patch, games usually start with around 60 fps.

Frame rate drops after a few minutes. As others have said, the frame rate drops to less than 10 fps after a few minutes. Sometimes it's 20 minutes, sometimes it's 10 minutes, and sometimes it doesn't drop at all. These frame rate drops don't seem to be affected by events in-game.

Screen freezes or frame rate drops to less than one sometimes. This problem happens most often in team fights with lots of action. For example, a team fight will start, I hit a few spells, then the screen freezes for a second or two and I hope for the best.

Severe lag without a drop in FPS or an increase in latency. This lag issue manifests itself the same as a low frame rate would. However, the frame rate and latency indicators don't change at all. Either the lag is something else entirely or the frame rate and latency indicators don't work very well.

Delay between issuing a command and seeing the response on screen. There is sometimes a large delay between when I issue a command and when an action happens on screen. This problem happens without any change in the latency or frame rate indicators. Sometimes the delay is over a second. Even when the delay isn't that severe, there is still a significant delay on normal actions. For example, to cast a spell, sometimes I press a key repeatedly until the spell casts. Usually I'll hear four or five spell activation clicks before the spell actually casts, and that's with around 30ms on the latency indicator. If super fast-paced first-person shooters can be played efectively at 30ms latency, then why does this game have such slow response time to commands?

Constantly accessing the hard drive throughout the game. This is the only game I've ever played that continuously accesses the hard drive. What could the game still be loading if we spend all that time on the loading screen before a match starts? I assume the game isn't writing to the hard drive, but maybe that's a bad assumption. There isn't even a built-in replay saver, right? So what could it be writing to the drive?

Constantly changing amount of memory in use by the game/PVP clients. Usually the amount increases over time, but sometimes it goes down too. If the game loads for everyone on the loading screen before the game starts, then why is the RAM usage still changing throughout the game? If constantly increasing RAM usage isn't indicative of memory leaks, then I don't know what is.

BlobPower

05-08-2012

Constantly accessing the hard drive throughout the game:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1643508

That one is completely pinned down and is waiting for a fix over 6 months now.(that wasn't my 1st post about it)

PS: And there are a few things that read from HDD once:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1940428
they all are bound to happen eventually, so they should be read while loading too

mandy6624

05-09-2012

Bbbuuuummmmppppp

Darth Melkor

05-11-2012

bump

Darth Melkor

05-15-2012

yoooooo RIOT! sup man?