Posted this on the GD boards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veztai View Post
I wonder if we can at least get ricklessabandon to post his support for Dominion in the thread. Since his name appears in the devtracker, could stir many GD readers, who might have missed it, there!
I doubt it, I think Riot steers clear of this and lets it evolve naturally. They're probably too worried about offending SR players to put any public support behind Dominion at this time.

Veztai

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
I doubt it, I think Riot steers clear of this and lets it evolve naturally. They're probably too worried about offending SR players to put any public support behind Dominion at this time.
Just wait... a few months from now when it's alive and kicking, Morello will be like:

"Yep, we've been telling you guys for months that Dominion was balanced and took extreme strategical precedence to succeed. You just didn't want to listen to us, but because of our advertising and arguments, you all now know how great it is today, =)"

And we'll facepalm hard,

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veztai View Post
Just wait... a few months from now when it's alive and kicking, Morello will be like:

"Yep, we've been telling you guys for months that Dominion was balanced and took extreme strategical precedence to succeed. You just didn't want to listen to us, but because of our advertising and arguments, you all now know how great it is today, =)"

And we'll facepalm hard,
Nah, we'll just bump our thread that'll be months old at the time and say "s'cuse me riot, you did what?".

Viktoree

02-19-2012

Time to bump this and see how the thread is doing.

Viktoree

02-19-2012

Make sure to let your feelings be know in the big thread, every voice only helps our cause!

Viktoree

02-19-2012

Thread still growing and we're really starting to notice new people in the DD chat.

Viktoree

02-20-2012

you know the score, time to bump

KJtaiyang

02-20-2012

Oh how i wish there was a true Capture the Flag mode in LoL. Missing the old WoW days of CTF.

But ya, Dom can be fun if u try to learn to be a better player. Ther's still a bit that hasn't been figured out, except for that dominant revive meta :/

Rebonack

02-20-2012

Amusingly enough this Rift/Scar contention reminds me a lot of the divide between normal mode players and -EM players in DotA.

In DotA -EM was a game mode meant to shorten the length of games. Creeps gave 1.5x as much XP, the gold per second gain was doubled, and hero kills gave twice as much gold and XP. Oh. And the towers did half as much damage.

To put things in perspective towers in normal mode DotA are already about half the strength of towers in League.

-EM was decried as being horribly imbalanced (even though aggregated statistics showed both modes were more or less equally balanced) or that it discouraged ganking (even though the weaker towers and increased hero kill reward made ganking much easier) or that it made carries too powerful (even though mages and push-focused heros could end the game long before a carry could get farmed).

Basically people hated it because it was new and different and the mindset required to win was very dissimilar. Normal mode players hated -EM because it wasn't normal mode.

And many Summoner's Rift players hate Crystal Scar because it isn't Summoner's Rift. It's that weird 'everything I don't like must be bad' attitude that a lot of people on the internets take on. And really all we can do about it is encourage players to give Dominion a whirl. Maybe watch a few streams of our awesome top-level players.

Viktoree

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
Amusingly enough this Rift/Scar contention reminds me a lot of the divide between normal mode players and -EM players in DotA.

In DotA -EM was a game mode meant to shorten the length of games. Creeps gave 1.5x as much XP, the gold per second gain was doubled, and hero kills gave twice as much gold and XP. Oh. And the towers did half as much damage.

To put things in perspective towers in normal mode DotA are already about half the strength of towers in League.

-EM was decried as being horribly imbalanced (even though aggregated statistics showed both modes were more or less equally balanced) or that it discouraged ganking (even though the weaker towers and increased hero kill reward made ganking much easier) or that it made carries too powerful (even though mages and push-focused heros could end the game long before a carry could get farmed).

Basically people hated it because it was new and different and the mindset required to win was very dissimilar. Normal mode players hated -EM because it wasn't normal mode.

And many Summoner's Rift players hate Crystal Scar because it isn't Summoner's Rift. It's that weird 'everything I don't like must be bad' attitude that a lot of people on the internets take on. And really all we can do about it is encourage players to give Dominion a whirl. Maybe watch a few streams of our awesome top-level players.
This a great post, i'm adding it to the main thread with a quote