"It's Just Dominion"

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Stop saying this. Every time someone says this it makes me want to repeatedly punch them in the face. It's not clever and it's never the correct response to any statement.

Also, if I ever meet someone who says this IRL I will break your nose.

- A PSA from Carpe Vinum


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

weedyo

Senior Member

03-24-2012

dominion sucks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bone Collect0r

Senior Member

03-24-2012

But it IS just Dominion. People play it to relax and have fun.
Edit: Oh, sorry. Apparently they don't play it to have fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AO Alt

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNpI JoHnNyBoY View Post
But it IS just Dominion. People play it to relax and have fun.
So why would you (I'm assuming you act like this based on your reply) try (and often succeed I'd venture) to ruin 4-9 other people's fun?
You don't see me joining ranked SR and saying "it's just ranked".

Egoistic pricks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korpral

Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO Alt View Post
You don't see me joining ranked SR and saying "it's just ranked".
Egoistic pricks.
Implying that normal Dominion is on the same competitive edge as ranked SR...let alone balanced >>.

I believe what he's trying to get across is that Dominion is turning into a TT. It's being ignored and with that there is a lack of balance, meaning that Dominion IS just what he says...a game to be played casually.

To top is all off matchmaking is blown to **** with premades ruining the experience of any random pug you could queue with. Then you have to deal with the fact that AD casters and gap-closing champions rule this game-mode. They even added another item to stop AP burst *le sigh*

So to go 'tryhard' in dominion is like taking a small dose of poison, each time you play you get a bit more toxic as you notice more and more flaws about the game-mode, the only antidote is roaming with friends or to play a game for the lulz....

That's why it IS just Dominion. It has potential, but it's not being utilized atm.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AO Alt

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpral View Post
Implying that normal Dominion is on the same competitive edge as ranked SR...let alone balanced >>.

I believe what he's trying to get across is that Dominion is turning into a TT. It's being ignored and with that there is a lack of balance, meaning that Dominion IS just what he says...a game to be played casually.

To top is all off matchmaking is blown to **** with premades ruining the experience of any random pug you could queue with. Then you have to deal with the fact that AD casters and gap-closing champions rule this game-mode. They even added another item to stop AP burst *le sigh*

So to go 'tryhard' in dominion is like taking a small dose of poison, each time you play you get a bit more toxic as you notice more and more flaws about the game-mode, the only antidote is roaming with friends or to play a game for the lulz....

That's why it IS just Dominion. It has potential, but it's not being utilized atm.
It's still just a game. And for 99.9% of the player it does not matter if they win or lose. Besides for having fun that is. And that's exactly how it is in Dominion.
No Dom isn't balanced. But then again, nor in SR.

AD bruisers may be good, but their are picks just as good. You'd know this if you played Dom. Examples would be Kassadin, Leblanc, Janna, Lulu, Malz, Vayne, Graves, Urgot (well, suppose he's kinda like an AD brusier), Soraka, Fizz, Ryze, Cassi, etc.

The gamemode may have flaws. But they aren't as significant as the ones of SR. I can't tell who's going to win after 5-10 minutes of Dom, sure some games perchance, but it's *much* rarer than the SR ones which I can tell after 1-2 kills, or just a lane being denied.

While it may be "just" dominion I, and many others, still find it fun. In the same way, SR is "just" SR. It really does not matter *at all* who wins and who loses, except for the people trying to have fun.
So next time you want to ruin someone's fun, please don't. I'd rather you do not say anything than have you say "I'm only playing badly because it's "just" domionion, so I'm not trying". It's a poor excuse and makes people (as can be seen in the OP) want to break your nose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronAegis

Senior Member

03-24-2012

I don't get it, do SR loyalists just pop onto thread like these to say "Dominion sucks!?" I mean if you're not a fan of the game mode what are you doing here?

With that said, I've run into this. Then again, people do the exact same thing in normal SR. It is usually used as an excuse for sucking repeatedly. Why actually try to win when you can be bad and hide behind "Its just (game mode)" as an excuse?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Keep winning, dont see them ever again as they go to basement elo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bone Collect0r

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO Alt View Post
So why would you (I'm assuming you act like this based on your reply) try (and often succeed I'd venture) to ruin 4-9 other people's fun?
You don't see me joining ranked SR and saying "it's just ranked".

Egoistic pricks.
What the **** are you talking about? I play mainly Dominion. I play it because I like it and it's a breath of fresh air from the raging ******- bags and the "hardcore" SR. On what did you base your messed up assumption, anyways? And the "egoistic pricks" part was definitely unneeded.By the way throwing random offensive sentences around just because you are butthurt by something doesn't do you much good.
I don't get it. Don't you play Dominion to relax and have fun? I don't get that logic.
Edit: It's really interesting how your second post in this thread is the complete opposite of what you responded to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AO Alt

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNpI JoHnNyBoY View Post
What the **** are you talking about? I play mainly Dominion. I play it because I like it and it's a breath of fresh air from the raging ******- bags and the "hardcore" SR. On what did you base your messed up assumption, anyways? And the "egoistic pricks" part was definitely unneeded.By the way throwing random offensive sentences around just because you are butthurt by something doesn't do you much good.
I don't get it. Don't you play Dominion to relax and have fun? I don't get that logic.
Edit: It's really interesting how your second post in this thread is the complete opposite of what you responded to me.
I love the irony.

Please, if you want to keep your sanity, I advise you to either stop posting and reading, or that you learn English pragmatics and semantics. "You" can mean a "group of people" just as much as it can mean "you" as a singular person. And if you'd care to read the sentences in brackets you'll see that I based my educated assumption on your previous reply.

I play Dominion to relax and have fun, but I do not use "it's just dominion" as an excuse for trolling, playing poorly, or simply being a quean.

I find it really interesting how you think that my second post somehow contradicts my first post. It furthers my belief that you are not familar with English pragmatics and semantics.


123