An idea for matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalturi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Here's an idea. Just like we can report people, give a thumbs up button to click after games that both your allies and enemies can click on that says, "Hey, this person is a good player." Then incorporate that into matchmaking.

After a while, it would be apparent in many cases which players are good to play with.

Maybe Riot could even give awards out - let players see how many thumbs up they have. This would, hopefully, encourage people to be better players and be more helpful to the team as a whole.

Of course, you would have to restrict thumbs up buttons to only people you did not queue up with so that your friends couldn't just give you a thumbs up every game.

Just my two cents.

Opinions?

Edit:
So, I found the other thread that had this idea as well. The original post had +327 upvotes. But not a single red response from Riot letting us know their opinions on this. They obviously read it, despite it being right around Christmas. So why Riot, would you not respond? We would love to help you out and come up with good ideas, but if you don't like them then tell us and tell us why.

Here is the post I found.
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=527177

Toriberry

02-17-2012

I like this idea. It would be a good way to sort of weed out the trolls. I don't think there should be any rewards given out for having a high amount of "thumbs up," per se, but it would be sort of nice to be able to know when you're going into a match that the people on your team are going to be sort of reasonable.

However, how would you stop someone from ostracizing a certain player just because he or she does not have enough "thumbs up?" I can imagine a lot of players would look at the number indicated and say, "Oh, it's too low. I don't want to play with this person," and queue dodge without giving the player a chance to even prove their worth. I feel like it would put new or "reformed" (ha) summoners at a disadvantage.

Tokinatoor

02-17-2012

i think its a good idea in theory but the problem with it for ME is that i just click play again after games finish or log off.

I usually never stick around in the chat room reporting people or adding to friend list.

I hardly ever report people, because if people are really bad my team will report them for me.

In tribunal there are cases of people with just 1 report.

I like the idea of banning IP addresses more than good player points.

(people with friends could also abuse this system by just giving each other + points every game)

Kalturi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

@Toriberry
So you wouldn't show how many thumbs up people have during the queue, maybe not even at all - it could just be visible to the player themselves. They only show elo at the end of a match, not at the beginning for just that reason.

@Tokinatoor
I would say you are a minority in that you don't look at stats or scores or report after a game. As you said, your team will thumbs up if you don't.
Banning IPs is not a good idea. First of all, you can EASILY reset your IP address. Just google it. Second of all, you can have multiple computers on the IP address that is traced by internet communication. You theoretically could ban MAC address (these are machine specific and on a computer they cannot be changed, but it is easily circumvented if you have a router).
And yes, you might just get 1 thumbs up in a game, but over time the number would go up.