3150 dom champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

v4v3nd3774

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppvkignx View Post
Akali can't deal with bruisers like Wukong from what I've seen. She is also countered pretty hard by Sweepers/Lightbringers.

Nidalee loses a lot of her effectiveness vs skilled players; you stop getting free kills on oblivious people who can't dodge and have to work hard to land spears. Played well, she is viable, but high mobility champs like Rammus/Kassadin are a nightmare to deal with no matter how you build (if AP, dunno about AD.)

Shaco isn't that good. AP kinda sucks, AD is meh - talon is better as an assassin IMO.

I think Corki is underrated.
I agree with your thoughts on Shaco and Corki, but like I said in another comment it's not like I was making a tier list(or it would be much different), I was just trying to seperate Often Banned | Often Picked | Not So Often Picked and then order them by relative strength. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough in my original post :S But that's why you see Shaco in the first section(often banned) but near the bottom and Corki in the last section(not so often picked) but near the top of that section.

Tho76

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppvkignx View Post
Akali can't deal with bruisers like Wukong from what I've seen. She is also countered pretty hard by Sweepers/Lightbringers.

Nidalee loses a lot of her effectiveness vs skilled players; you stop getting free kills on oblivious people who can't dodge and have to work hard to land spears. Played well, she is viable, but high mobility champs like Rammus/Kassadin are a nightmare to deal with no matter how you build (if AP, dunno about AD.)

Shaco isn't that good. AP kinda sucks, AD is meh - talon is better as an assassin IMO.

I think Corki is underrated.
You mean the insta-bans?
As to being about to dodge spears, I never see Ashe's/Ez'd ult dodged when someone is capping a tower. They might move a little faster than Nid spear, but not a lot.

Tho76

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
I agree with your thoughts on Shaco and Corki, but like I said in another comment it's not like I was making a tier list(or it would be much different), I was just trying to seperate Often Banned | Often Picked | Not So Often Picked and then order them by relative strength. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough in my original post :S But that's why you see Shaco in the first section(often banned) but near the bottom and Corki in the last section(not so often picked) but near the top of that section.
I'm not sure if you reworded this, but sorry, I think I also misunderstood =S
What ELO is this btw? I see plenty of Akali's

v4v3nd3774

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho76 View Post
I'm not sure if you reworded this, but sorry, I think I also misunderstood =S
What ELO is this btw? I see plenty of Akali's
I only edited my original post to put shaco below urgot but still in the often banned group(because somehow I derped) but no, I didn't edit the wording in my original post at all. I think it's just easy for you to understand it now because I've explained it better xD Anyways, I'm not sure where I've spent the majority of my time but when Jabebot just came out I was 1650 and since I've climbed to 1850~(1843 now). Sometime before Jabebot came out(not sure if I was 1600s~ or maybe even lower then) I had seen Akali quite often. But definately in the 1700s and 1800s(and in my experience those above me who I've played with) Akali is rarely picked.

Personally I think it more has to do with people learning to counter her and learning why she's kind of bad in general(not that she doesn't excell at assassinating squishies) over the course of time than this certain Elo bracket simply having a different opinion on her. But maybe I'm wrong on that, maybe it's just that in lower brackets people tend to play what they want(whats OP) or what they're trying to learn rather than concentrating on countering the opposing team and doing what it takes to win.

SolaireIsJerk

02-17-2012

How is gragas in dom ?

v4v3nd3774

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaireIsJerk View Post
How is gragas in dom ?
He's a strong bot lane that can hold his own and has great point control(poke, ability to E over the wall) top. The only concern I ever had with him when I played a lot of him top was teamfighting with out his ult vs bruiser heavy teams felt like I could only contribute by throwing Q in there. Meleeing and landing E vs someone you can't burst isn't very productive just because of the position it puts you in. Other than that though I felt he was all around pretty strong, a worthy pick and loads of fun. The burst on Q+R from out of the fog on someone that's not expecting it is pretty hilarious lol.