3150 dom champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mattk1987

02-17-2012

hey guys almost got 3150 ip now any suggested champs to play. and im can play almost any play style so...

MoonMaster3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Twitch

nah jk

Glorious Bird

02-17-2012

Play champs when they are free and decide then. If you play draft then avoid stuff that isn't banned 24/7, obv.

ManPandas

02-17-2012

At 450 IP, I think Poppy is the best "buy" champ on dominion. You really get a lot of value. That price is a deal for a champ who's in the top 10% for dominion W/L. Soraka is another monster for 450 IP, but I feel like for solo-ques you'll have better luck with Poppy.

Sion is probably the best champ at the 1300 level. There arn't too many All-stars at this range. Jax is probably a decent pick at this level.

But to answer your question, for 3k, I'd say either Pantheon or Kasadin. With Katarina, Gang Plank, Lux, and Urgot all being great runner's up. The one champ I would avoid is Hiemmerdinger, he's decent at bot, but very difficult to transition elsewhere on the map. But at higher levels of play, you'll find that Hiemmer is a fine champ if you're team is winning, but rarely is able to turn around a losing position.

Ramus and Shaco are at the 3k level, but get banned all the time in Draft - so I'd generally say avoid them unless you have a lot of champs already or plan to play exclusively blind.

v4v3nd3774

02-17-2012

List of 3150 champs in order of most banned then most picked to least picked, relative order of strength, IMO. This can change depending on Elo, obviously, but being 1850ish I have some influence from a few higher Elo players and then also those 1500-1600s that are often in my games.

Rammus
Kassadin
Urgot
Shaco
----------
Pantheon
Shen
Blitzcrank
Udyr
LeBlanc
Sona
Mordekaiser
Heimerdinger
Twitch
Gragas
Gangplank
Karthus
Corki
Lux
Olaf
Akali
Nidalee
Katarina
Anivia

VenomBurn

02-17-2012

Mordekaiser is a beast. master him and you will be set =)

Tho76

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
List of 3150 champs in order of most banned then most picked to least picked, relative order of strength, IMO. This can change depending on Elo, obviously, but being 1850ish I have some influence from a few higher Elo players and then also those 1500-1600s that are often in my games.

Rammus
Kassadin
Shaco
Urgot
----------
Pantheon
Shen
Blitzcrank
Udyr
LeBlanc
Sona
Mordekaiser
Heimerdinger
Twitch
Gragas
Gangplank
Karthus
Corki
Lux
Olaf
Akali
Nidalee
Katarina
Anivia
Why is Akali lowest tier? Yes, she was nerfed but can still destroy people with a small amount of skill. Also, Nidalee is beast in Dominion. Her long range spear can interrupt like a boss, and with the damage + tower, it is an easy kill (also, heal is great)

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Akali is low tier because other champions do her job better (Kassadin+ Leblanc). Nidalee is low tier because she doesn't do enough. Spears are easy to dodge, her heal isn't that awesome, and she doesn't really do much else if you build for AP.

I personally, really dislike having Akali and Nidalee on my team.

I think Blitz, Panth and Shen should be bumped up... they are dominating a lot of games right now

Ppvkignx

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho76 View Post
Why is Akali lowest tier? Yes, she was nerfed but can still destroy people with a small amount of skill. Also, Nidalee is beast in Dominion. Her long range spear can interrupt like a boss, and with the damage + tower, it is an easy kill (also, heal is great)
Akali can't deal with bruisers like Wukong from what I've seen. She is also countered pretty hard by Sweepers/Lightbringers.

Nidalee loses a lot of her effectiveness vs skilled players; you stop getting free kills on oblivious people who can't dodge and have to work hard to land spears. Played well, she is viable, but high mobility champs like Rammus/Kassadin are a nightmare to deal with no matter how you build (if AP, dunno about AD.)

Shaco isn't that good. AP kinda sucks, AD is meh - talon is better as an assassin IMO.

I think Corki is underrated.

v4v3nd3774

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
Akali is low tier because other champions do her job better (Kassadin+ Leblanc). Nidalee is low tier because she doesn't do enough. Spears are easy to dodge, her heal isn't that awesome, and she doesn't really do much else if you build for AP.

I personally, really dislike having Akali and Nidalee on my team.

I think Blitz, Panth and Shen should be bumped up... they are dominating a lot of games right now
This, pretty much. Akali not often picked(or shouldn't be) because what Akali thrives on is assassinating squishies and there often arn't as many in Dominion when there are typically at least 3 in SR(support, AP, AD). Then you factor in things like sweeper and lightbringer being all around not bad items and easy to obtain, neutral and enemy towers giving true sight and finally how common bruisers with hard cc are. Given the right circumstances Akali can do well but it doesn't happen often in Dominion, IMO. Nidalee has issues not bring enough to the table in skirmishes unless AD/Tanky IMO, as AP is too squishy is acts almost as a support until it's safe to clean up with cougar. If you have a strong team she can be fine. One of AD's real strengths on SR is the pushing power and escability of Nid but due to her weak pre-6 game she's rarely ever placed bot and that type of playstyle doesn't exactly translate well top, though I think she can be an OK bruiser top. I've tried quite a few times myself and not been extremely successful(possibly due to the comps I was facing, felt like I was being kited/zoned by 2 tanks + vayne) but I've also not seen anyone else do very well with it.

It's not like this was a tier list or anything. I was just organizing the champions by Often Banned | Often Picked | Not So Often Picked, and then their relative strength to those around them in those categories. I did it this way because it's kind of silly advice to suggest he buy Rammus for instance. Blitz, Panth, Shen, IMO are all not *often* banned, that's why they're at the top of the often picked list. I think those 3 can and do sometimes get banned, but not at the same rate as the others above them in the often banned section.