Master Yi suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Mr.Yi is one of those low-elo pubstomping champions who have unreliable perfomance versus more experienced players.

Yet he is strong enough to make pure buffs unwanted.

Thinking about changes that would help him while not buffing his pubstomping, I came to this one.

What if Yi's Meditate was not interruptable?.
That would improve his perfomance abit letting him survive some focus during teamfights.
Ofc some numbers may be changed to compensate for "free Zhonya"

(If you think its unrealistic for meditation to be uninterraptable- rename it to "Wuju Iron Skin" or something)

Discuss.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

bump

Denambren

02-17-2012

Well.. I play Yi as one of my main champs at 1900 elo (can check my match history for details), and while I think Yi definitely needs certain "quality of life" improvements that make his kit more reliable, I think making his meditate not interruptable would be way too powerful.

It's true that Yi's meditate is nearly useless as it is now with all the free CC given to the new champs in modern LoL (though meditate still has application vs a few champs if you get a 1v1), but I don't feel that giving it 100% immunity to CC is the solution. A compromise might be something like CC interrupting the meditate, but then the one CC ability is absorbed like Sivir's shield or Nocturne. I'm not saying this is the best change, but something other than immunity would be good. The immunity would be just too strong because it would almost guarantee Yi would not die for 5 seconds - kind of like a defensive Trynd ult. Having 300 armor and 300 MR for 5 seconds is no small thing.

Draydan

02-17-2012

bump

BigDaddyRelish

02-17-2012

I would say make Meditate have a passive effect to it. Give it a small portion of the armor/mr buff that you get during Meditate for example. Giving it tenacity would probably be overkill but a small defensive buff so he won't get instagibbed all the time would go a long way on both SR and Dom.

Hawktitan

02-17-2012

If something like this were to be done you would need to cut the duration to be a fraction of what it is right now.

Draydan

02-17-2012

Lol I cannot believe I created this thread in Domo sub.
Too much Dominion played it seems.

Gonna go recreate it in GD...

v4v3nd3774

02-17-2012

I think removing any form of counterplay on current mechanics is really a step in the wrong direction. Outplaying people or using your abilities wisely is what makes this game enjoyable.

Draydan

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
I think removing any form of counterplay on current mechanics is really a step in the wrong direction. Outplaying people or using your abilities wisely is what makes this game enjoyable.
There may be excessive possibility of counterplay on certain ability and champions.

What are other channels?
Pantheon HSS, Malzahar ulti, Nunu ulti, Katarina ulti, Karthus ulti, Shen ulti. Someone else's ulti?

All of them are very very powerful abilities which would be imbalanced if no interrupt were possible.

Master Yi considered pubstomper thats easily countered by higher players.

And dont tell me that Ignite-ish abilities are not "counterplay" to his Meditate.

Glorious Bird

02-17-2012

Dom related or not. I personally feel Yi has a kit that is just ugly and lacks any real synergy Beyond E->R which is essentially buff and right click so one can hardly call that deep synergy at that.. His skills Alpha Strike and Meditate are just varying degrees of awful.

I really want him to get a re-work/remake like Kayle/Ryze/Alistar so he has a presence beyond <30 play at any/all modes.