Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


So, Viktor.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

02-17-2012

His main weakness is his build options are pretty limited. Deathray augment is pretty much a requirement. The other two augments might see more use if they had the same +45 AP on them. He does do nice damage though and his ult is pretty beastly. Problem is, as soon as hes forced to build tanky hes pretty worthless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Yordle

Senior Member

02-17-2012

So far I'm having no problems bot. Just check my match history and you'll see the winning streak I'm currently on. Champs I have beaten bot so far are:

Ahri
Ashe
Heimer
Gangplank (He had Promote too)
Tristana
Olaf
Ziggs
Lux

I don't build Viktor straight up AP though. I build him tanky with CD reduction.

Masteries are 21 / 6 / 3

Marks - MPen
Seals - Flat armor
Glyphs - Scaling AP
Quints - Flat AP

I start out with Prospector's ring, boots, and 2 HP pots like alot of other AP champs. I then either build frozen heart (starting with glacial shroud) or Morello's evil tome, depending on the enemy team. So far I have built frozen heart in just about every game, as the enemy team has always been AD heavy.

From there I build augment death for more harassing power and faster creep wave clears. Then it's time for deathcap. I've only ever completed it once. All of my other games have ended after I had the needlessly large rod and blasting rod, but before I finished the deathcap.

So far it's been working really well for me. I know in at least 2 games there was an enemy Yi that wandered around. They always thought that I'd be an easy kill and rushed me. One full combo later and the Yi is dead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

This Hurts You

Junior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
Stimuz:
His main weakness is his build options are pretty limited. Deathray augment is pretty much a requirement. The other two augments might see more use if they had the same +45 AP on them. He does do nice damage though and his ult is pretty beastly. Problem is, as soon as hes forced to build tanky hes pretty worthless.


I disagree. I find that Augment Power is usually his best option, since it gives you some quick, inexpensive beef, and the speed boost let's you escape bad situations, allows you to quickly run in and out of different positions, and makes you very hard to kill for melee.

But that's the beauty of Viktor. His augment let's him be extremely versatile, and certainly all three upgrades have their place.

I will agree that Viktor suffers more than other casters when he has to build beef, however.

EDIT:

Quote:
PretzelBagel:
So far I have built frozen heart in just about every game, as the enemy team has always been AD heavy.

From there I build augment death for more harassing power and faster creep wave clears.


...I don't know why I've never tried this. It sounds amazing, with the caveat that if you're bot and they swap to an AP you have a lot of wasted stats if you can't get someone on your team to swap with you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Yordle

Senior Member

02-17-2012

You just have to play smart against AP if they swap. Once you get good with Death Ray you can out-poke anyone, including the likes of Caitlyn and Lux. Plus most AP build straight damage with no MR, so Death Ray usually takes off near 1/4th of their bar per hit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EMeta

Senior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
This Hurts You:
I disagree. I find that Augment Power is usually his best option, since it gives you some quick, inexpensive beef, and the speed boost let's you escape bad situations, allows you to quickly run in and out of different positions, and makes you very hard to kill for melee.


My impression is that you want the extra AP so you can kill waves with just a single Q+E+1 AA as early as possible, because once you can you start getting a substantial income boost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
This Hurts You:
I disagree. I find that Augment Power is usually his best option, since it gives you some quick, inexpensive beef, and the speed boost let's you escape bad situations, allows you to quickly run in and out of different positions, and makes you very hard to kill for melee.

But that's the beauty of Viktor. His augment let's him be extremely versatile, and certainly all three upgrades have their place.

I will agree that Viktor suffers more than other casters when he has to build beef, however.


I used to think that too, but aug power hurts your damage output too much. His base laser has a horrible AP ratio for a long CD, CCless, awkward skill shot. You'd have to show me an example of when going gravity is ever a good idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

This Hurts You

Junior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
Stimuz:
I used to think that too, but aug power hurts your damage output too much. His base laser has a horrible AP ratio for a long CD, CCless, awkward skill shot. You'd have to show me an example of when going gravity is ever a good idea.


To be honest I've tried Gravity thrice and did poorly each time, so I'm probably over valuing the mana/CD reduction/range it gives.

I'd still argue that power is better than death in any situation where you can't rely on your team for protection, eg bot lane or scary assassins on enemy team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Yordle

Senior Member

02-17-2012

I've tried out all 3 augments on Dominion. Power isn't really needed as the speed boost is negligible, plus gravity stops anyone who tries to rush into melee.

Gravity is never needed. Dominion has so many choke points that make gravity easy to place and near impossible to miss.

Death gives the most bang for your buck. The most AP of all the augments and it gives your main nuke / poke a DoT effect. I've actually picked up kills with the DoT that I would have otherwise not gotten.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
This Hurts You:
To be honest I've tried Gravity thrice and did poorly each time, so I'm probably over valuing the mana/CD reduction/range it gives.

I'd still argue that power is better than death in any situation where you can't rely on your team for protection, eg bot lane or scary assassins on enemy team.


The thing about gravity that sucks is the effect AND the stats both need at least level 6+ to be worth buying. Death you can get as your first item, Power as well. If you get grav at level 1 you don't get any bang for your buck AND the CD is horrible until 3+, also a problem with early power.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Yordle

Senior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
Stimuz:
The thing about gravity that sucks is the effect AND the stats both need at least level 6+ to be worth buying. Death you can get as your first item, Power as well. If you get grav at level 1 you don't get any bang for your buck AND the CD is horrible until 3+, also a problem with early power.


Boots and ring are usually a better bet than starting off with an augment.


123