What is the point of playing ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoxFortis

02-16-2012

I guess I would call myself a casually player (probably 10 games/week) but I've played since the beta and think that solo-queue ranked games are just impossible to deal with. It feels like the matching algorithm is only designed to give high-elo players good games, and the developers couldn't care less about those that don't play competitively. I want to get into skilled games, but even though I consistently end every ranked game as one of the top 2 players (in any metric you can think of), it feels like the matching in elo-hell is just a complete sh~t show. I'm not willing to play 200 ranked games to get above a 1400 rating when I consistently have games that end like the screenshot i attached. Would it be at all possible to have the developers put some effort in to filtering out trolls and rewarding good players that lose because of horrible teammates?

PressF1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say a singed with 8 kills but 0 assists is your first problem. Tanks shouldn't have all kills.

apexProof

02-16-2012

Ouch. Everyone has bad games and sometimes they just happen to be in yours. If you are good enough, the more you play the more you should be able to get players at your skill level. Maybe try to duo queue with someone who is at your level or higher?

Snowrelax

02-16-2012

You deserve your Elo.

GoatTemplar

02-16-2012

http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/28824/?p=1

Here you go...a long discussion about fixes to the matchmaking.