The Dragon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Presenc3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

Ok, I'll admit I'm a mid level newbie.. (level 16)

2 questions...

1. I've only seen it once, in all ... 85 games I've played (42-42-1), where someone on my team has gone for the Dragon, and that was back when i was a low level summoner, so i didn't pay much attention to this...
so my question is, what is the Benefit of going for the Dragon?

2. Would the dragon be something Amumu/Nunu/Morde (my 3 fav characters) would be able to solo, (in case my team doesn't agree to attack him)

I know there is some benefit, to downing him, (I'm pretty sure riot wouldn't put in a pointless creature)... I just want to know what i can tell people when i ping for him... as in what we would get for our efforts...

Thanks

Pres, the exhausted "leader"

finalformeskimo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

It gives 2 champ kills worth of XP and Gold divided over your entire party. Its certaintly worth getting, and characters who can get them early should. Warwick can kill him as early as level 4, my Xin often grabs him at level 5. Generally champs that can one on one him early are most ASPD/AD champs with lifesteal.

Your champs arent suited for it, but can certaintly grab him at level 10 solo easy enough, but usually you will want one other person with you when you go grab him at whatever level you decide. Two non carry AD champs can down him fairly easy at level 5-8 and even easier higher, but you want to take him down quickly and get back to your business.

Tthat spot in the river is also a great spot to put wards so you can catch the other team going for him, and people going down for ganks. The opposite spot infront of Baron is also great to stop ganks early, and even more important late game to catch entire teams trying to get him.

R66Y

07-26-2010

1. Dragon gives global XP and 130 gold to everyone. Getting it once is nice, consistently getting it can be a big advantage.

2. Anyone can solo dragon, it isn't too hard, but what level you need to be depends on a lot (champ, summoner spells like smite, items). Some champs, like Warwick, can solo dragon as early as 5 minutes into the game with the right build.

Presenc3

07-26-2010

awesome, thanks for the help...

So i tend to lane bottom, it wouldn't be nothing to just wing by and drop him, then get back to the fight. i'm thinking i'll try around level 8 with Amumu, those tears tend to make big baddies drop quickly... nunu and morde, maybe level 10-11...

or just convince my lane partner to come help...

Thanks for the info.

Pres, Dragonbane... maybe...

finalformeskimo

07-26-2010

Well, Id say have the team who is better suited to dropping him take bottom lane. Also a note, alot of ranged characters can attack him from the wall behind him while a melee fights him infront. This is especially useful if the character infront has flash or another move (say shen's feint) to go through walls, so incase of a gank, that character can run behind baron and go through the wall, and the person with ranged autoattacks will be safe regardless.

Controlled By Me

07-26-2010

Amumu is great at soloing dragon, if you take your Depsair skill first. I've seen Amumu's solo Dragon at level 5, with 3 points in Despair and 2 in Tantrum. (It probably works with 1 in Tantrum and 1 in Bandage Toss too, but 3 in Despair is recommended). Your Magic Resist debuff on auto-attacks helps greatly.

If you can choose between killing 1 champion, or killing dragon, dragon is often a better choice (Unless that champion is on a killing spree and carries a big gold bonus with him when killed. :P) People underestimate the amount of gold and experience he gives. It's 650 gold in total, and experience.

Terchio

07-26-2010

I've heard the bounty in all equated to a tower kill. Whether that is accurate, I'm unsure. However, Amumu is quite good at soloing dragon, as mentioned before, and I think Nunu might be as well at the moment, as a recent patch made his HP Leech move start working on the dragon, where as it did not prior. Jungle Amumu guides are all over the place, and will guide you through well. Jungle Nunu guides are around as well, but I have a hunch they focus less on the dragon because it was unobtainable until recently.