Dominion needs some love...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS17f8587dd251c04bf0cdb

02-07-2012

Noone of my friends want to play it anymore, they say it's not fun, it's unbalanced and luck driven... there is only 1 possible strat (1 bot, 4 top) and no one takes this mode seriously.

You announced dominion as the savior, to expect the unexpected... well it was a bit of a fail on your part and deep down you knew it. BUT something could be done to save the map i think: change the layout of the map (place the points like a star instead of a circle) and make the map bigger...

what do you think riot? What are your plans to save this mode?

Stez007

02-07-2012

If you really want to shake things up, try going tanky-support/pusher-carry bottom. Sivir/Leona is devastating and can hold out for a long time against 2 or even 3 opponents. It's a great way to win quickly against unprepared teams that rely on 'luck' and 'imbalance,' whom it appears that you and your friends are frequently facing.

Against smarter opponents, roaming ganks bottom lane and speed shrine control will add much more depth, as well as synergy in champion choice and item builds. But from the sounds of it, I doubt you'll be getting into tournament play anytime soon, so focus on the basics first.

Dominion is an extremely well balanced, deceptively deep and team-focused game mode that is considerably more fun than all but the most intense Summoner's Rift games.

Imwetoddid

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobisiah View Post
luck driven...
I laughed. They're just trying to get carried.

IS17f8587dd251c04bf0cdb

02-07-2012

And yet almost noone plays dominion... why?
And more importantly: no pros on dominion except for the first week... then they quickly left.

Basoosh

02-07-2012

Quote:
And more importantly: no pros on dominion except for the first week... then they quickly left.
Ranked. Seriously. You don't see pros playing classic normals either. Ranked is everything.

Stez007

02-07-2012

Quote:
We have our own pros. NESL tournies are just getting started.

Mark my words, Dominion will blow up in the same way DotA blew up.

FDru

02-07-2012

Quote:
Cause they play SR like it's a job and don't have the time to learn another mode. Same reason that Dominion pros don't play SR.

Also, that's mostly why people don't play Dominion. It's not publicized and promoted enough because SR is where the money's at for Riot.

IS17f8587dd251c04bf0cdb

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
Ranked. Seriously. You don't see pros playing classic normals either. Ranked is everything.
I saw pros on normals a lot tbh.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

Quote:
Go back to your pity SR and stfu, thanks.

A lot of people play Dominion exclusively, we have our tournaments who are just getting bigger and bigger
Everyday we see new players here joining, and staying

But SR forum? All I see is QQ about champs, noob feeders and Trolls.

Vrouge

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
We have our own pros. NESL tournies are just getting started.

Mark my words, Dominion will blow up in the same way DotA blew up.
I'm glad there's at least one person out there who's been living under a rock.