Looking for some good Shen builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HedonismBot420

02-16-2012

Hey guys, I just started playing Shen - I guess you could say I'm jumping on the bandwagon and I couldn't argue too much, but I'm really enjoying him.

Anyways I'm curious how you more experienced Shen players build him. I kinda wanna build him Tanky with a little bit of AP just because my ult shield seems a little weak when I build straight tank, my ult target often dies before I even get there.

I've been building Boots > Heart of Gold > Aegis > varying tanky items > Warmogs.

I'm very tanky and I have no trouble staying alive but I feel that my team fight presence isn't what it could be if I had a little more AP, right now it's pretty easy for the team to ignore me after the taunt because I do so little damage.

I was also wondering what skill order you guys use. Currently I prioritize R>Q>W>E, but I've had some people tell me I should max E before W. Which is better?

Thanks for any help

SheffiTB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

HoG, warmog's, merc's, Ionic Spark, Wit's end.

W, after the buff, is really good for Aspd tank shen but really bad for pure tank or AP tank shen.

HedonismBot420

02-16-2012

Ionic Spark...?

HedonismBot420

02-16-2012

bump

Eclypsil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

I start with health crystal into HoG, then build phage(ninja tabi/merc treads for boots depending on enemy comp)

If I need mres I grab FoN, otherwise its into frozen mallet, atmas, and then randuins & wits end

HedonismBot420

02-16-2012

Why Phage/Frozen? Wouldn't Rylai's be better? You still get the slow on Vorpal blade plus your W and R have bigger shields.

DemonSwordAshram

02-16-2012

Solo top normal build and if able to farm decently: Start with boots 3 health pots, giant's belt, boots 2 (ninja tabi or merc treads), warmogs, whatever the type of dps the enemy has you build more defenses geared towards it so (Force of Nature or Spirit Visage against AP) or (Randuin's omen or Frozen Heart against AD), then something like a Guardian Angel if they have a balanced attack and finally if you need some extra CC or damage you can either build Frozen Mallet or Rylai's with an atma's impaler.

Solo top and not able to farm efficiently: You basically start boots 3 pots, and then you rush a heart of gold and then work on building boots 2 and then an Aegis, the focus is more early game to be able to give you the stats you need to get into mid game and still provide some usefulness, from here you can build into warmog's and then either finish Randuins omen or build a Force of Nature and then trying to grab a Guardian Angel to have more of a hybrid defense item to reinforce the Aegis.

sctwin

02-16-2012

i go ruby crystal right to warmog's then i get merc treads, abyssal scepter, sunfire cape, then rylai's. That way, i get fairly tanky (around 4000?) and then I also get some AP, especially for mah ult. I have been playing shen a long time now and so I'd like to say I am fairly good with him. I gotta warn you though. I aint level 30 yet, so I have no pro ranked experience yet

FaerellG

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonismBot420 View Post
Why Phage/Frozen? Wouldn't Rylai's be better? You still get the slow on Vorpal blade plus your W and R have bigger shields.
You want to be auto attacking. Vorpal has a 3 sec cooldown. The idea is to be able to stick to your opponnent.

Chase211

02-16-2012

Anyone experimented with using Sheen/triforce on him?