Best ap mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

02-17-2012

Favorite thing about Brand is how strong he is in a 1v2 gank. Usually the most rewarding time to use his ult.

BL4CKPikachu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Ive been lvl 30 for more than a year and no doubt morg is the best mid vs anyone brand, malz, Leblanc are good choice but morg an her shield her spell vamp i out match any mid

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-17-2012

Morg is definitely a strong mid (at least with the current meta of AP mages going mid), however she doesn't really 'win' lanes, she just doesn't lose them. It's virtually impossible to push her out of lane due to her W farming and healing her, but they need to stand still for you to land your QW combo without anything else going on.

Thundarianjunk

02-17-2012

The three you are looking at are good choices, though I don't see a lot of brand anymore. The thing about AP mid is there is a lot of counterpicking that goes on with little nuances between each matchup. In no paticular order you should look at picking up (in my personal opinion) Ziggs, Ahri, Cass, Anivia, Karthus (the skillsets for playing karth and cass are similar imo), Morgana, and Ryze.

There are a few other AP that are very viable but less played like Swain, Veigar, Xerath, TF, Akali, Fizz, Brand, etc, but I consider them to be slightly more situational picks.

I realize thats a lot to look at, but start slow and you will get it. If you can play a few, you can play most of them after you learn the skillsets. Also if you haven't already, start experimenting with smartcasting.

Sam Is Whoa

02-18-2012

It all depends on your play style,skill and your opponents habits.

Ahri is excelent at getting in and out of a fight quickly she is very forgiving to players who arent scared to be aggressive and make a mistake. she can run away from pretty much any mistake she makes.

1 of my fav is veiger. he is very good at making your opponent think they are winning with full health until you stun and combo them and run away laughing. also if your opponent is an ap champ and builds heavy ap items early its gg with your ult.

good mids can also be ones you wouldnt expect like sion, galio, or gragas.

fastplay

02-18-2012

best ap mid is Kassadin because he a counter mage he is hard to play but we you learn him you would start to do good with him. he do suck at start if AD range carry go mid but vs most ap he counter alot of them.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-18-2012

That doesn't mean he's the 'best AP,' that just means he 'counters the current meta.' That and I'd send Morgana against him any day and probably beat his pants off. He's a great counter pick yes, but he's not an early pick because he can also be easily countered if they can prepare for it.

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

To someone posting in the new player forum, Brand and Cass are at the bottom of my recommended AP carry list. Besides, I think Brand is insanely overrated anyway. So many champs do everything he does but better.

Morgana is my top recommendation for new players. She farms so amazingly well even against a really strong player. Drop the pool, back off and you will still push him out of the lane. Next is Xerath. Most underrated champ in the game. Super range, farms well and at level 6 can take your opponent from 100% to 0% in one combo.

It's "cool" to say Cass right now but she's so insanely hard to play, no one short of mid ELO players can user her extremely effectively. Ok, a slight exaggeration but you need to be insanely relentless and pray you don't get ganked, which you will.

Once you get bored with Morg and Xerath, Ahri and Ziggs are both fantastic once you become one with the skill shots. They are both considered top tier mids. If you are a new level 30, high 20's player posting in the new player forum, they are my top choices for you.

hippy9090

02-18-2012

above post.
No i'm not a new player its just i asked this in general discussion and got flamed. Didn't even get a viable answer. So basically so far any champion that i've played no matter thier skill cap i've picked up on after like 3-5 games. So any champion. Skill cap doesn't bother me what so ever.

Mr Burner

02-18-2012

If your even having thoughts about brand try him out. He makes people go boom. Throw in flash and ignite and you have a kill whenever you want one. Happy gaming!