Best ap mid?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sokar468

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Cassiopeia's high skill cap requires a commitment to play her. Even if you are good at landing her AoE skillshot, there are other subtleties that demand your patience to practice. She is fun to play though, she is my personal favorite mage.

However, despite her being my favorite mage, I tend to view Brand as the best all-around mage for blind pick normals. He is easy to pick up and play and has a little bit of everything--burst damage, strong AoE, damage over time, a 2-second stun, great range, nice autoattack animation--so he fits in almost every team composition and can lane competently against any other AP mid. Some people say Brand falls off late game due to low AP ratios, but I have never had this problem. His AP ratios are lower because of his damage over time passive and his crazy AoE damage. Ryze and Annie are the entry-level mages, so when players want to move on and explore a more dynamic mage, I always recommend Brand.

Sentient23

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldrart View Post
Cass isn't bursty, however she is by FAR the deadliest if she has mana. Her poisons and twin fangs will kill someone very easily, not as quick as leblanc will, but she destroys everyone in lane. (at least, in all of my experience, non-freeweek cass is gg, sadly)
tbh if you play orianna (i never played her before she was nerfed) i have rarely had anyone push me out of mid lane, and it is quite often the complete opposite. i dont know if it comes down to people underestimating her or if i play her properly. the only big issue with orianna is that in the late game she cannot pose so much of a threat to the enemy ap/ad carries unless positioning is in her favor. maybe riot could make her Q attack command range scale on level similar to tristana's range. i love to play orianna and imo she is one of the better bursty ap champs but being unable to reach the carries safely is painful.

edit: i should mention i have played many cassiopeias in mid lane as orianna, and the only ap mid i can think of to push me out of lane as orianna was a karthus using clarity.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-17-2012

Anecdotal evidence, especially at early levels where player skill varies over a greater range, doesn't really mean a lot. Orianna might be someone new players don't know how to deal with, but that doesn't make her immovable from the lane. (For that you want someone like Morgana, Kennen, etc.)

hippy9090

02-17-2012

alright well i've narrowed it down to cass and brand out of all that have been said. my VERY LAST question is when played well which has a stronger presence throughout the game and is deadlier?

Pipnip

02-17-2012

Im going to have to give that last question to Brand, hippy. A well played Brand can decimate an entire team in seconds. (been on the receiving end of that)

hippy9090

02-17-2012

ok i think i'm gonna get brand. thanks for all of your help!

TehomCD

02-17-2012

Whether a Cassiopeia or Brand have a greater impact on a game mostly comes down to player skill and team compositions. Brand has strong area effect damage, Cass has much stronger sustained damage. Personally I like Brand for his ability to punish people for mistakes (many less skilled players of fighters or assassins will move straight for him and set themselves up for a conflag/stun/pillar combo and die instantly), but Cass is incredibly good too in the hands of a player who knows her well. I always dread going mid against a good Cass.

Legeril

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

I'm still in love with morgana mid. The only champ I have trouble vs. might be Brand.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-17-2012

Cassi also has great counter-initiation.

Sokar468

02-17-2012

Cassiopeia requires some mechanical skill and good awareness of your mouse cursor. If you're up for the challenge, I think she is slightly more impactful than a Brand of same skill level. Both are great choices though. Cassiopeia is more flavor of the month than Brand right now, which is probably why you see her more in discussions/streams, but there was a time when Brand was supreme. Going by forum/stream hype is never the way to go anyways.

123456 ... 7