Starting Items for Riven

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-16-2012

Prospector's Blade and Boots?

Or skip Prospector's and go Brutalizer straight away?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tacomasterog

Member

02-16-2012

Blade and boots with 1 pot is what I start


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Annaed

Senior Member

02-16-2012

Prospectors, boots, 2 pots
then mercs and brutalizer


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zionist shill

Senior Member

02-16-2012

Prospectors, boots 2 pots is ok. Then proceed to build 3 Sanguine blades and a LW, then sell Prospectors and buy another Sanguine blade. Easy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cauldrath

Senior Member

02-16-2012

Another good opening is some combination of Ruby Crystal (up to 2), Null-magic Mantle, Cloth Armor, and Longsword (up to 3, but at 3 you might as well start Brutalizer). It kind of depends on team comp. Ruby Crystal, Cloth Armor, Longsword is a pretty solid all-round opening. You can afford potions, but I like to have enough money to immediately buy boots in case things don't go well. Personally, I think Boots 1 are less valuable for the first fight on Riven than anyone else, because she can get up top just as fast as her teammates that took Boots 1 and her mobility is more wrapped in her abilities than her move speed. If I have to go bottom, I try to guess who's going to be down there and grab Prospector's + either Null-magic Mantle or Cloth Armor for sustain, or Brutalizer for bursting someone down. Prospector's+Longsword, Ruby Crystal, or boots is also an option if you aren't sure who they're sending.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorious Bird

Senior Member

02-16-2012

Boots Dual BSword.

She doesn't really need HP. Here shield scales hard off AD and is godly as ****. Literally all you need to do is get AD. The sooner you start on your core the better. You'll find yourself living longer and killing faster by picking up AD and AD survivability like Hex Drinker. HP is probably the worst stat for Riven next to, you know, AP/MPEN.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
HP is probably the worst stat for Riven next to, you know, AP/MPEN.
I knew it! I knew my mana / mana regen build is awesome on riven!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
Prospectors, boots 2 pots is ok. Then proceed to build 3 Sanguine blades and a LW, then sell Prospectors and buy another Sanguine blade. Easy.
I can see absolutely no fault in this build.

Except, maybe, not having enough Sanguine Blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
I knew it! I knew my mana / mana regen build is awesome on riven!
So, five Manamune's and... what... and Tear? Mana Manipulator?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Another good opening is some combination of Ruby Crystal (up to 2), Null-magic Mantle, Cloth Armor, and Longsword (up to 3, but at 3 you might as well start Brutalizer). It kind of depends on team comp. Ruby Crystal, Cloth Armor, Longsword is a pretty solid all-round opening. You can afford potions, but I like to have enough money to immediately buy boots in case things don't go well. Personally, I think Boots 1 are less valuable for the first fight on Riven than anyone else, because she can get up top just as fast as her teammates that took Boots 1 and her mobility is more wrapped in her abilities than her move speed. If I have to go bottom, I try to guess who's going to be down there and grab Prospector's + either Null-magic Mantle or Cloth Armor for sustain, or Brutalizer for bursting someone down. Prospector's+Longsword, Ruby Crystal, or boots is also an option if you aren't sure who they're sending.
How do find she does at bottom? I don't think I've ever seen a Riven start bottom.


Many thanks for the advice, though. Lots of solid options to consider.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaed View Post
Prospectors, boots, 2 pots
then mercs and brutalizer
That's about what I was expecting. Thanks!


12