Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Im so SICK of peoples excuses for low elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnarkill1

02-16-2012

The more I play the more I understand why people get tired of constant elo hell QQ posts. Just had a Cass go top (lol?) and declare he was going to quote "rape" the enemy Fizz. 3 minutes later hes dead. Blames enemy jungler ganking him. He dies 2 more times, then blames our jungler for not ganking enough and blames me for not roaming enough as mid. He basically fed the majority of the game and every single time he would have an excuse for it. I was mid and getting ganked many times by enemy as well but every single one of them failed. I bought wards, I stayed back and last hit only and made sure my flash was always up when I expected ganks. He then declared that the reason I won my lane mid and he lost his lane top was because mid is too hard to gank and top is much easier to gank (again lol?).

The problem here is this Cass represents 90% of the community in this elo who refuse to accept that they could possibly need improvement. I already accepted this long ago for myself. Its time others do as well. For some reason the more a person talks ****, the worse player they are. They will blame a bad support, a bad jungler, the enemy jungler, the enemy laner being OP... anything they can think of before they accept that the reason they failed is they simply were outplayed. If youre really that ****ing pro, you would dominate your lane so much and so consistently that all the ganks in the world would not save the enemy. If you dominate your lane from minute 1 you will have a gold advantage, a level advantage and of course your skill and should be able to snowball to the point where you can kill any foolish jungler who tries to stop you. If you are not doing this, then you simply need to improve your "skills" and are probably right where you need to be.

Lets treat this like an AA meeting and realize the first step to getting higher elo is to accept you have a problem. My name is Gnarkill1. I am a 1200 elo player.

Killmonkey

02-16-2012

is yr elo still 1200 after that loss?

Achtbar

02-16-2012

I am Achtbar and Im a former 1700's player, 1540 now :'( I became worse some how...

WildOnionVillain

02-16-2012

I'm Grgi, formerly 1k ELO player, now 1400's. Really guys, all you need to do is record your games, watch at your replays and see where/what you did wrong and improve in that particular field. You also need to sweet talk your team into letting you play the role you are best at (top,mid,bot) and not be a 12 year old raging kid.

carry4food

02-18-2012

First off id like to say to the poster, maybe shorten the post a bit, I got the jist of wut u r saying after few lines.

Secondly I think there are players that are higher and lower than wut they should b.

Third, I don't have any respect for the queue, its all about 5v5 if you want good games, riots 'solo ranked q' is about the level that dota tda was at in its prime(smurfs, and no idea how good your opponent was )

I have more ideas but meh

Metalucifer

02-18-2012

How do you record games? How do you get a replay?

superiored

02-18-2012

Rotfl Gnarl, first of all, you laugh at cass top which is most certainly a viable pick. Less so versus a fizz, viable nevertheless. Next, you state that top is not an easier lane to gank than mid. Think about that again. Next, you cannot ever be a passive mid if you want to get the fk out of elo hell. You either rock the opponent or you do nothing and pray your team can win fights. Is that the way out? Get wards, kill jungler at wraiths or buffs, kill your opponent in mid, and GANK GANK GANK GANK GANK. You cannot be passive if you want to climb.

Captain UncleBen

02-18-2012

Quote:
superiored:
Rotfl Gnarl, first of all, you laugh at cass top which is most certainly a viable pick. Less so versus a fizz, viable nevertheless. Next, you state that top is not an easier lane to gank than mid. Think about that again. Next, you cannot ever be a passive mid if you want to get the fk out of elo hell. You either rock the opponent or you do nothing and pray your team can win fights. Is that the way out? Get wards, kill jungler at wraiths or buffs, kill your opponent in mid, and GANK GANK GANK GANK GANK. You cannot be passive if you want to climb.

I totally agree with this. Last season I finished at 1100 after falling as low as the 900s. I'm currently in the 1400 region this season due to duo queueing and getting lucky a couple of times.

Last season I mainly played AP Cho'gath due to his insane damage, lane sustainability and CC in fights. Despite Cho being a great champ, when playing in top lane I find you have little influence on the game unless you get insanely fed which can still go wrong if the game lasts long enough. This season I've been playing mainly in mid or as jungle due to the ability to influence other lanes (assuming the lanes you're trying to gank don't continually over-extend). It doesn't matter how good a player you are if you win your lane but have no influence over other lanes or in a fight.

I personally don't think I have improved much at all since the end of last season but due to playing champs such as Vlad and Lee Sin who can both take and deal good amounts of damage my rating has increased. Champs like Veigar and Yi just aren't viable at lower ELO without a decent team composition. You will just get out CC'd and burned down.

TLDR: Unless you duo queue with someone decent and get roles + champs that influence the game greatly you won't get out of lower ELO unless you're lucky.

Also; if you're last pick, prepare to play support and more than likely lose. I have noticed at my current ELO the support players generally tend to be the worst players on both teams. I think this is possibly due to the fact that support in my opinion have the least influence on the game in solo queue and many must get a streak of luck when first starting to play ranked before sinking back down.

I'd also say that playing duo queue as mid/jungle is the best combination as you can get fed by coordinating ganks on your lane then roaming and 2 man ganking other lanes. This is of course if you can persuade the idiots on your team to let you take these roles.

Gnarkill1

02-18-2012

Quote:
superiored:

I laugh at Cass top as I was already an AP mid and we had a non tanky jungler. It was more the fact that he picked Cass when we needed a bruiser. On top of that Im sorry but top is not easy to gank in majority of the cases. Most of the time your top lane is going to be on the tanky side and packing some sort of heavy CC and will level faster than your jungler to the point where he cant easily help unless your top is heavily overextended. Top generally turns into an afk farmfest. And you werent in this game, you cant say if I was or was not playing passive. I was Ryze so no Im not gonna roam much until I get my core items going. After this I DID successfully gank the top lane. The Cass was *****ing cause she was lvl 5 and was already 0-3 at about the 6 min mark of the game. Sorry but you cant blame that **** on the jungler or mid, its you. The things she was coming up with like oh hey Im gonna try to 1v1 this Fizz thats 2 levels higher than me and lose the fight and then blame someone else is just ridiculous and a trademark of majority of players in this elo.

superiored

02-18-2012

Honestly , im not interested in your reply to me. You laugh at cass top since you got ap? Double wota? Extremely high dps? 1200 elo players not building accordingly to what your team has? Go on, laugh at cass. Didnt read further because the first sentence killed my motivation to help any further. Analyze the game or stay where you are at now.