Queue drop penalties are too harsh, something needs to be done

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drushnell

02-16-2012

There are times when it's obvious from champion select that I don't want to play with certain people. Maybe they're afk. Maybe somebody promises to feed because his favorite champion has been taken. Maybe there is a blatant troll trolling blatantly. Maybe somebody on my team is the player who went 0-500 last game. Maybe I'd just rather play with a friend who just logged on.

Whatever the reason is, the only choice we have to prevent an assured loss is to drop queue, incurring a lengthy time penalty. Now I understand that queue drops are annoying, and I understand the reason for having the penalty is to prevent people from trolling via drops. However, the time incurred is just too long for the offense.

Dropping queues is at times our only recourse, and I believe it should not be penalized, at least in ranked games. We should have the right to not play with certain people, without having to be penalized so harshly for our choice.

Call Me Senpai

02-16-2012

Team 1 -
Oh ****, our team composition sucks, they got the op champion Kassadin, Skarner, etc. RQ!
Oh ****! Our top lane Gangplank has been countered by Pantheon! We're going to lose this game!
DODGE.
Wait for another queue, make sure my team comp is op!
It literally takes 5 minutes in champion selection, why waste more time.
Some situations, some people get to know other people in a few minutes and look forward to play with each other. But, a simple Dodge by the other team messes up everything.

Drushnell

02-16-2012

This isn't about our team comp versus theirs. Maybe you should read the post.

TeanCookies

02-16-2012

they need to keep elo penalty for ranked but drop time penalty, in normals it should remain as is. If Its clear were going to lose I should be allowed to suck it up and save an hour of my life.

Gray the Grayte

02-16-2012

The problem here is that there are two competing concerns here
1) Making sure that you can get a game within a reasonable timeframe which is completely destroyed by people dodging
2) Reducing the impact of trolls where you know you are going to lose because they have raged or whatever

As people have correctly pointed out if you remove the penalties for dodging people will do it all the time for the most petty reasons and you will never get a game going.

Here is a possible fix
- Keep the dodging penalties as they are today
- Allow the ability to report a player directly from hero selection along with including the hero select chat logs in all tribunal cases (whether the game started or someone dodged).
- Treat afk in hero select as a dodge rather than assigning a random hero.
- Immediately kick out disconnected players in hero select and requeue everyone rather than waiting for ages before doing this like they do currently.

Willl Smith

02-17-2012

there should be a vote system in champion select to kick d/cs or trolls

gonz4dieg

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpin Them Hoes View Post
Team 1 -
Oh ****, our team composition sucks, they got the op champion Kassadin, Skarner, etc. RQ!
Oh ****! Our top lane Gangplank has been countered by Pantheon! We're going to lose this game!
DODGE.
Wait for another queue, make sure my team comp is op!
It literally takes 5 minutes in champion selection, why waste more time.
Some situations, some people get to know other people in a few minutes and look forward to play with each other. But, a simple Dodge by the other team messes up everything.
everytime you queue dodge in ranked you lose elo.