@Sauron

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No1CritsLkGaston

02-15-2012

Could we get an explanation of your rune set's and who they are used for? Please? I've been referencing your rune pages and masteries for a while for go-to Dominion Set's but I have no idea if thats who they are for or not, lol. It would help me out alot.

Sauron

02-15-2012

I use rune pages mostly for counterpicking in draft, so that's why some seem similar.

Mairon - Any phys I plan on getting LW over Ghostblade, I use this page only when the entire enemy team is going to be tanky.

Gorthaur - This is leftover from SR and I haven't used it in a while. It was originally going to be a shred page but then I found out the FH debuff applies last in calculations.

Annatar - Ryze.

Dark Lord - Casters vs tanky teams where I need to sustain yet not need as much defense. Also helps hit the CDR cap as 9-21-0 on manaless champs.

Lord of the Earth - Shen page, but I haven't tried with the remake yet.

King of Men - Standard AD carry.

Tar-Mairon - Sustain pushers like Udyr that begin with 2 Doran Shields.

Necromancer - Karthus and Cass. Self-explanatory.

Deceiver - Twisted Fate, sometimes Vlad, and any other mage that has an opponent that has slightly higher trading range. Very important for tides of blood since failure is self-damage.

Lord of the Rings - Pure MPen casters that stack defense, like Morde.

I do have mana regen runes, but not on any of my pages anymore. They just turned out to be unnecessary on the champs I play.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Got enough rune pages D:!

No1CritsLkGaston

02-15-2012

Ty for this

Ragnar Draconus

02-16-2012

The best part of all of those runes pages, is the one crit-chance red in each of them.

Nekrogen

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Draconus View Post
The best part of all of those runes pages, is the one crit-chance red in each of them.
0% crit chance = never crit until you itemize for it.
1% crit chance = get 4 crits in a row and do tons of damage... at the cost of 1 rune slot.

Apparently Riot's idea of 1% is not actually 1%, but instead quite a bit higher.

Nilat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
0% crit chance = never crit until you itemize for it.
1% crit chance = get 4 crits in a row and do tons of damage... at the cost of 1 rune slot.

Apparently Riot's idea of 1% is not actually 1%, but instead quite a bit higher.
Wait, what? Please tell us more about this mechanic! I saw his rune pages too and was confuzzled.

Jabe

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilat View Post
Wait, what? Please tell us more about this mechanic! I saw his rune pages too and was confuzzled.
Essentially, if you don't crit, your crit chance artificially raises and when you do crit it artificially decreases. This is so that you are less likely to crit 7 times in a row with 5% crit and less likely to not crit 7 times in a row with 95% crit.

As your number of attacks approaches infinity, your crit rate is still the right %.

Sauron

02-16-2012

Yup, Xypherous' redesign of the game's RNG caused critting and dodging to become more "reliable" rather than truly random. That means that 1% is waaaaaay better than 0%.

That single rune is a stand-in for the removed crit chance mastery.

Kolos1001

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Yup, Xypherous' redesign of the game's RNG caused critting and dodging to become more "reliable" rather than truly random. That means that 1% is waaaaaay better than 0%.

That single rune is a stand-in for the removed crit chance mastery.
That was really changed? I thought it was a 1% chance every time and each hit was counted individually.