Shaco Bugs and possible nerfs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

10-16-2009

It has come to my attention that many people in my games tend to call shaco OP when really he isnt that far from OP, if nothing bugged and very hard to use.
I say this because his decieve ability is bugged, at 228attack damage I had a 230crit.
how is 2+ damage a crit?
i've played this character game after game and never got a 1000+crit, with infinity edge, bloodthirster and sheen.
also, 130%+ crit damage is pretty insanely OP, so I suggest you lower the skill to do up to 30% crit damage, and fix the skill so that it crits every time.
this way with infinity edge youd have a 280%crit damage, and with masteries thats 290%.
As for hallucinate, 600damage is not OP for this ability, this double is much more squishy to kill and sometimes very easy to tell apart from the real shaco.
It also identifys shaco as an assasin, assasin category champions are meant to have loads of damage and seem OP, in reality they are very squishy and not very good at pushing towers.

Squirrel Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2009

Shaco is amazing at pushing towers. Approach the tower with a creep wave and use Hallucinate. If you have a good AS and damage, you'll tear the tower down fast.

I think the difference in your Attack Damage and Damage Dealt is due to the target's armor.

Ricky Vicious

10-16-2009

The "crit" from decieve does not change with infinity edge, rather just adds the % dmg on the skill to his base dmg.

And for your so-called bug, I have one word---Armor.

T0ggle

10-16-2009

alright obviously i wasn't specific and detailed enough, i was level 17 fighting another shaco, neither of us had high armor. god what is wrong with you people?
Deceive is bugged, and if his 130% damage just adds base like a sheen, thats still leaves me with 230% of 228, with a crit of 250% and i still only did 230 damage.

your logic eludes me, if your going to post smartass remarks, don't even bother.

Veigar

Producer

10-16-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hi guys. Just to clarify how deceive works:

Deceive's crits don't do a full 2x damage crit at rank 1, they do a 1.5x damage crit (or 150% damage).
The bonus crit damage on deceive scales up across ranks until it is actually giving 2.3x damage crits at rank 5.

Deceive DOES work additively with infinity edge (just like runes, lethality, or Tryndamere's passive).
Deceive DOES take your +damage from items into account for its crits.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeigarTheHorrible View Post
Hi guys. Just to clarify how deceive works:

Deceive's crits don't do a full 2x damage crit at rank 1, they do a 1.5x damage crit (or 150% damage).
The bonus crit damage on deceive scales up across ranks until it is actually giving 2.3x damage crits at rank 5.

Deceive DOES work additively with infinity edge (just like runes, lethality, or Tryndamere's passive).
Deceive DOES take your +damage from items into account for its crits.
i think you might want to look at the stealth mechanic itself. as far as i know, Katiana's Ult CANNOT hit twitch or evylynn when they are stealthed. but i will be stealthed with shaco, and WHEN i have the buff on me, and am confirmed stealthed, she will activate her ult and, while im still invisible, i will be targeted by the ult.

Wildstorm

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
i think you might want to look at the stealth mechanic itself. as far as i know, Katiana's Ult CANNOT hit twitch or evylynn when they are stealthed.
kat's ult CAN hit twitch/eve when stealthed.

Bregan

10-17-2009

kat's ult can hit stealthed, morgana's ult can hit stealthed, soraka's starcall can hit stealthed, and i'd imagine heimer's rockets can hit stealthed.

Truhls

10-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
kat's ult can hit stealthed, morgana's ult can hit stealthed, soraka's starcall can hit stealthed, and i'd imagine heimer's rockets can hit stealthed.
Nope, the ability doesnt come up, ive tried

Kharnath

10-17-2009

Shaco almost got away from me today...

Until I Rift Walked on top of him stealthed