Ahri or Morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Omega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
In your opinion, which, (to take a page from your book) is largely irrelevant. Dismissing ALL the things!
You're still not providing the goods, mate. But that's ok, you figure it out later on in your post.

Quote:
This comment is hilarious because it implies that you're of the opinion that if the champion *could* continue to apply meaningful damage to the defender of the turret they should do that instead of holding the turret
You think that I imply this because you're a buffoon. I had said, and very clearly mind you, that a person who can launch their cooldowns is the better choice for being the person to hold the turret than the person who relies on constant activity in a fight. If you had a choice between letting Morgana cap the turret, and letting Wukong cap the turret, letting Morgana cap while Wukong owns is, 99% of the time, going to be the best idea.. But hey, at least you're TRYING now instead of trying to debate like a creationist or something.

Quote:
(forcing the defender to make a decission), letting their teammate tank turret shots. To answer much more straight forward, so that you don't feel the need to dismiss it again, two champions diving a turret should play out much more like the one defender playing tag with the two, SNIIIIIIP
Just to be clear, again, I've never once referred to any kind of 2v1 situation on a turret. Where, exactly, is this coming from? All I've stated is that if you've got a situation where your team is assaulting a turret, and you've got guys who excel at sustained combat presence and one person who excels at bursting then waiting on cooldowns......the ladder should do the capping when possible.

Quote:
The difference is Ryze can choose and contribute in either scenario, Morg can't. Long cooldowns and smaller scale fights are the bane of Morg's Dominion existance.
Ok, NOW I think you could actually be making a good point. Is what you're saying here, that Ryze's ability to constantly put out pressure will always eclipse Morgana's ability to quickly launch all of her stuff at once? That over say a 10 second time, Ryze's constant output will give so much more than Morgana's spikey output that it's not enough to make up for anything?

Cauldrath

02-18-2012

So, I tried on-hit Morgana in a blind pick upper 1500s elo game. 8/6/16 win with a 5-cap to finish. Still wouldn't pick her over Ahri, Kassadin, or Ryze, but it doesn't seem terrible. Spells still do plenty of damage, even without the AP, and the AA damage more than makes up for the difference.

v4v3nd3774

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane Hektor View Post
You're still not providing the goods, mate. But that's ok, you figure it out later on in your post.

You think that I imply this because you're a buffoon. I had said, and very clearly mind you, that a person who can launch their cooldowns is the better choice for being the person to hold the turret than the person who relies on constant activity in a fight. If you had a choice between letting Morgana cap the turret, and letting Wukong cap the turret, letting Morgana cap while Wukong owns is, 99% of the time, going to be the best idea.. But hey, at least you're TRYING now instead of trying to debate like a creationist or something.

Just to be clear, again, I've never once referred to any kind of 2v1 situation on a turret. Where, exactly, is this coming from? All I've stated is that if you've got a situation where your team is assaulting a turret, and you've got guys who excel at sustained combat presence and one person who excels at bursting then waiting on cooldowns......the ladder should do the capping when possible.

Ok, NOW I think you could actually be making a good point. Is what you're saying here, that Ryze's ability to constantly put out pressure will always eclipse Morgana's ability to quickly launch all of her stuff at once? That over say a 10 second time, Ryze's constant output will give so much more than Morgana's spikey output that it's not enough to make up for anything?
You've become too upset to attempt to reason with any further, insults are not going to win you an arguement. Not going to waste my time any longer. Best of luck.

Mister Omega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

I suppose if pretending your opponent is upset makes you feel better, by all means, mate. But once again, you fail to provide the goods, all you can offer is snarky remarks instead of detailed logic. Sorry mate, that convinces nobody, and argumentum ad verecundiam (appeal to authority, in this case high elo players which are almost entirely absent here) is not always enough for me, especially when I believe Morgana has possibly not been given a serious effort (I haven't seen any threads with detailed analyses, number crunches, etc from high elo players yet).

Now stop being pathetic and pretending I'm upset, and consistently respond with some actual logic for once, PLEASE. Or do bugger off, you're doing zero good here otherwise.

v4v3nd3774

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane Hektor View Post
I suppose if pretending your opponent is upset makes you feel better, by all means, mate. But once again, you fail to provide the goods, all you can offer is snarky remarks instead of detailed logic. Sorry mate, that convinces nobody, and argumentum ad verecundiam (appeal to authority, in this case high elo players which are almost entirely absent here) is not always enough for me, especially when I believe Morgana has possibly not been given a serious effort (I haven't seen any threads with detailed analyses, number crunches, etc from high elo players yet).

Now stop being pathetic and pretending I'm upset, or consistently respond with some actual logic for once, PLEASE. Or do bugger off.
Opponent? We're not dueling on the fields of justice, lol. This is a discussion. If you can't remain civil, dishing out insults at every chance you get, it's obvious you're quite visibly upset.

Goods: there have been multiple players 200-500 Elo higher than you telling you what she brings to the table is insufficient. By all means, show us how it's done.

Mister Omega

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
Opponent? We're not dueling on the fields of justice, lol. This is a discussion. If you can't remain civil, dishing out insults at every chance you get, it's obvious you're quite visibly upset.
Oh boy, we've got ourselves an internet psychiatrist here. First, it's a fairly common practice to refer to people you are in an argument or debate with as the "opponent". Maybe this is new for you, maybe English isn't your first language, but that should be pretty obvious.

Second, I was being perfectly civil the whole time, the only time I've decided to jab you is when you've failed to be civilized in turn, or when you're dismissing entire posts with garbage snarky remarks. I'd also like to point out that snarky remarks aren't generally considered "civilized".

Quote:
Goods: there have been multiple players 200-500 Elo higher than you telling you what she brings to the table is insufficient. By all means, show us how it's done.
Really now? Let's see it then. I've done a decent crawl through the search function looking for threads about Morgana before, trying to get as much information about her as I can, and I can't say I ever managed to find anything significant. If you happen to know where all of these wonderful discussions are, then....

.....provide the goods, mate. It's YOUR argument, you're the one who gets to present your side, not use foolish argumentum ad verecundiam logical fallacies.

xPainx

xPainx

02-20-2012

High assists. Not only can she get high assists like morg , she can kill it seems.