Ahri or Morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xPainx

02-16-2012

I created this thread to get some opinions about the comparisons between Ahri and Morgana as solo Q in dominion. As a player that plays pretty good with both Ahri & Morgana on Summoners Rift , i understand that both of them are good on Summoners Rift. But this is strictly about Dominion. I personally believe that if your playing ALONE that Ahri is a better pick.

A friend of mine said/assumed that ahri wasn't good on dominion because i had a few bad games which im sure everyone has (afkers etc.) and if you never have bad games then maybe ur just really pro. I had a few reasons as to why i thought Morgana (after already playing her a few times on dominion) wasn't as good as a pick on dominion as Ahri was :

1. Dominion is pretty fast pace and landing binds ( and i land binds about 70% of the time) is pretty difficult sometimes especially if the player is decent at juking.

2. The tormented soil (AoE) is not that useful considering the fact that players wont be really standing in them that long UNLESS they are binded or standing next to a node trying to defend it in which they can just move out of it anyways taking only a few ticks of dmg. Dominion is so fast pace that players are always running around anyways so i personally dont see that AoE that great. Pushing minion waves is the only thing i can see it being good for which is pretty good if u wanna capture a node.

3. The shield is not that great considering the fact that when ur playing with randoms they are not really going to initiate when u place the shield on them and if they do the shield has already expired. They are out of range for you to cast a shield. You are being jumped by a pantheon, talon , xin zhao, sion , shaco etc etc. and the last thing ur really thinking about is shield someone so shielding isnt really realistic in this scenario or map.

4. Morgana's Ultimate is probably ok. IF they dont kill you (hourglass) then thats about it.

I think that Morgana is probably only good if the team revolves around her or you just have horrible enemy players that dont make it difficult for her.

KEEP IN MIND...this is about Dominion map ONLY! plz comment, tnx

Nekrogen

02-16-2012

Ahri is better than Morgana in Dominion, yes. Ahri's ult is a lot more versatile than Morgana's anyways.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxG WagoNMaster View Post
2. The tormented soil (AoE) is not that useful considering the fact that players wont be really standing in them that long UNLESS they are binded or standing next to a node trying to defend it in which they can just move out of it anyways taking only a few ticks of dmg. Dominion is so fast pace that players are always running around anyways so i personally dont see that AoE that great.
Tormented soil captures points. Not because the enemy champion stands in it, but because it lets you push minion waves. Morg is one of the best minion-pushers for Dominion because of her AoE. Once your minions are capping the tower, the enemy has lost its safety net and you are free to attack.

xPainx

02-16-2012

Tnx i also wanted to add that i never really see that many morgana's on dominion and as little as i see ahri played , i still see more ahri's than morgana. I still win with morgana on dominion but i feel that i dont really contribute as much as playing on ahri cuz i really just cant kill anything UNLESS i have high AP in which the game is already over by then or already decided.

xPainx

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Tormented soil captures points. Not because the enemy champion stands in it, but because it lets you push minion waves. Morg is one of the best minion-pushers for Dominion because of her AoE. Once your minions are capping the tower, the enemy has lost its safety net and you are free to attack.
Thats true but ahri can push pretty well. The only problem is that if you use fox-fire and Q u might need it in a fight but the Cooldowns on Ahri are so low so i guess its still ok. I'll try lane pushing more on morgana though, TY.

Nekrogen

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxG WagoNMaster View Post
Tnx i also wanted to add that i never really see that many morgana's on dominion and as little as i see ahri played , i still see more ahri's than morgana. I still win with morgana on dominion but i feel that i dont really contribute as much as playing on ahri cuz i really just cant kill anything UNLESS i have high AP in which the game is already over by then or already decided.
This is precisely why Morgana isn't optimal for Dominion. I usually say that everyone is viable in Dominion, but Morgana's strength comes from passively farming, which isn't really what Dominion is all about. Her ultimate is a redeeming feature, but it honestly isn't enough to say she's better than Ahri.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Your comparison is invalid

Morgana was never very good in Dominion, Ahri was. Mainly because of the nature of the champ (assassin vs sustain support pusher)
But then Ahri took a nerf bat to the knee... hard...

Perhaps try comparing Ahri with something like Fizz or LeBlanc (mobility assassin)

xPainx

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Your comparison is invalid

Morgana was never very good in Dominion, Ahri was. Mainly because of the nature of the champ (assassin vs sustain support pusher)
But then Ahri took a nerf bat to the knee... hard...

Perhaps try comparing Ahri with something like Fizz or LeBlanc (mobility assassin)
I only used morgana because someone i know said that Morgana was more useful on dominion than Ahri was and i disagreed with him.The reasons listed are the same reasons i told him and he still thinks morgana is a better pick lol. That's why i posted this to get opinions.

EMeta

02-16-2012

Even after the nerfs, Ahri is still considerably better than Morg on Dominion. Her Q pushes almost as well as Morg's soil, and has more chance to harass your opponent while you're pushing. Ganks hurt Morg far more than Ahri, even post-nerf. There's a few matchups where Morgana's shield will let her do much better, however.

MrMundungu

02-16-2012

The difference is that Morgana wants to go bot lane while Ahri wants to go top with her team.