Five T2 Quints = One T3 Quint?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mailorder II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

07-25-2010

If I combine five T2 quints, do I get one random T3 quint? Can I mix regular runes along with the quints? Will I end up getting a random T3 non-quint if I do?

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

Five T2 Quints = One T3 Random.

If you combine quints you will get random again (probably not quint). If you combine 5 marks/glyphs you can still get quint, it's all random.

Mailorder II

Master Recruiter

07-26-2010

Thanks. I've hit level 20 and I have a T2 quint laying around, just wanted to know if I should buy a bunch of cheap, junk T2 runes to get a random T3 rune

5n4k3

07-26-2010

Even if you could, I wouldn't recommend doing it anyway. The chance that you will get a useful rune is much lower than the chance you would get a useless one.

PENHALIGAN

07-26-2010

Ya its not worth it. I wouldnt even recommend buying tier 1 and 2 runes in the first place. and if you put quints in you will have a very low chance of getting another quint.

5n4k3

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENHALIGAN View Post
Ya its not worth it. I wouldnt even recommend buying tier 1 and 2 runes in the first place. and if you put quints in you will have a very low chance of getting another quint.
Actually, tier 1 runes are worth it. The amount of stat they give proportionate to their cost is very good. Maybe a couple hundred IP to get a full T1 rune page.

looney

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailorder II View Post
Thanks. I've hit level 20 and I have a T2 quint laying around, just wanted to know if I should buy a bunch of cheap, junk T2 runes to get a random T3 rune
I think the cheapest T2 were 80IP, so for 240IP + the 2xT2 quints you have (and you don't need) you can grab a tier 3 rune, hopefully it will be something great and expensive, Good luck.

Calbrenar

07-26-2010

Assuming you are getting a generic page that applies to many champs, or you are getting a set page for a specific champ you know you will play a lot, it makes a lot of sense to buy T1 runes.

I recently hit level 30 myself using boosts, so I find myself behind the curve when it comes to rune pages. For example I had no Dodge/MPen runes. So when I went to try some new champ builds I bought what I could of T3 runes and filled in the difference with T1. Just some examples.

Seal
T3 Dodge 820 -- .75%
T1 Dodge 65 -- .42%

So 7.9% of the cost for 56% of the benefit? Clearly nobody should ever buy Tier 1 runes...

Mark
T1 MPen 30 -- .53
T3 MPen 410 -- .95

7.3% Cost -- 55.8%