Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Five T2 Quints = One T3 Quint?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mailorder II

Master Recruiter

07-25-2010

If I combine five T2 quints, do I get one random T3 quint? Can I mix regular runes along with the quints? Will I end up getting a random T3 non-quint if I do?

looney

07-26-2010

Five T2 Quints = One T3 Random.

If you combine quints you will get random again (probably not quint). If you combine 5 marks/glyphs you can still get quint, it's all random.

Mailorder II

Master Recruiter

07-26-2010

Thanks. I've hit level 20 and I have a T2 quint laying around, just wanted to know if I should buy a bunch of cheap, junk T2 runes to get a random T3 rune

5n4k3

07-26-2010

Even if you could, I wouldn't recommend doing it anyway. The chance that you will get a useful rune is much lower than the chance you would get a useless one.

PENHALIGAN

07-26-2010

Ya its not worth it. I wouldnt even recommend buying tier 1 and 2 runes in the first place. and if you put quints in you will have a very low chance of getting another quint.

5n4k3

07-26-2010

Quote:
PENHALIGAN:
Ya its not worth it. I wouldnt even recommend buying tier 1 and 2 runes in the first place. and if you put quints in you will have a very low chance of getting another quint.

Actually, tier 1 runes are worth it. The amount of stat they give proportionate to their cost is very good. Maybe a couple hundred IP to get a full T1 rune page.

looney

07-26-2010

Quote:
Mailorder II:
Thanks. I've hit level 20 and I have a T2 quint laying around, just wanted to know if I should buy a bunch of cheap, junk T2 runes to get a random T3 rune

I think the cheapest T2 were 80IP, so for 240IP + the 2xT2 quints you have (and you don't need) you can grab a tier 3 rune, hopefully it will be something great and expensive, Good luck.

Calbrenar

07-26-2010

Assuming you are getting a generic page that applies to many champs, or you are getting a set page for a specific champ you know you will play a lot, it makes a lot of sense to buy T1 runes.

I recently hit level 30 myself using boosts, so I find myself behind the curve when it comes to rune pages. For example I had no Dodge/MPen runes. So when I went to try some new champ builds I bought what I could of T3 runes and filled in the difference with T1. Just some examples.

Seal
T3 Dodge 820 -- .75%
T1 Dodge 65 -- .42%

So 7.9% of the cost for 56% of the benefit? Clearly nobody should ever buy Tier 1 runes...

Mark
T1 MPen 30 -- .53
T3 MPen 410 -- .95

7.3% Cost -- 55.8%