Well, I think I'm gonna start playing Draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purple Puma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

I'm kinda getting tired of blind. And I got 4 champs down really good Mundo top, Amumu top, Singed top/bot, and Karma top. I just broke 1200 elo, and the most common champ I see is Sion, and when I play Amumu I shut him down hard. I've had plenty of really good games on my part, but the outcome is a loss because of leaver/afker, or a baddie. I've also had some bad games, where i just couldnt get out ahead, or being out played. Recently I just won a 4v5 as Amumu, with really good team communication, and good team comp. I also solo que a lot, and try to make a point of pinging. So should I expect that Draft team communication should be way better than Blind off the bat? How bad is it in the 1200 range?

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

we've been there, just keep playing

Sometimes question your personal contribution as a team, and not as an individual

Should you have helped push lane instead to dive to pick up 2 kill knowing the tower will kill you, and no one is here to back you up to take the tower anyway...
Should you have went and cover / help bot instead still capping a tower with 3 other ally so you get a +40 points?

Things like that, its easy to say on paper, but takes practice to do well

hamai

02-16-2012

from my experience the odds of being on a bad or good team are the same... but I like blind better because even if you end up on the losing side at least you don't have to wait so much... when the other team is much better the game tends to end faster, making the draft process too long for an average dominion game.

Ppvkignx

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamai View Post
from my experience the odds of being on a bad or good team are the same... but I like blind better because even if you end up on the losing side at least you don't have to wait so much... when the other team is much better the game tends to end faster, making the draft process too long for an average dominion game.
OP luck some days

DoctorEvolution

02-16-2012

Quote:
from my experience the odds of being on a bad or good team are the same...
If your recent? (or total?) win loss ratio is 1, then the odds of being on a bad or good team should be roughly the same.

Glorious Bird

02-16-2012

Quote:
making the draft process too long for an average dominion game.
A handicap I'm willing to take to not face a stacked team of everything possible of the "broken" nature.

BigDaddyDelish

02-16-2012

The only problem I've been having is that when I que for draft the que time goes up drastically.

I've sat around on my ass for near 20 minutes for a draft match, although at your elo you probably wouldn't have that much of an issue. That being said, draft pick communication in-game from my experience isn't any better than in blind pick. Draft pick just makes it so that when you see that ****** pick Yorick you can pick a champ to go bottom that won't get slaughtered, and you can ban champs that you think are the most problematic.

It helps a lot for team comps too since you have so much more time to communicate as to who should pick what, what people are good at, and what the general game plan is. In game though it isn't much different from what it is now.

Purple Puma

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
we've been there, just keep playing

Sometimes question your personal contribution as a team, and not as an individual

Should you have helped push lane instead to dive to pick up 2 kill knowing the tower will kill you, and no one is here to back you up to take the tower anyway...
Should you have went and cover / help bot instead still capping a tower with 3 other ally so you get a +40 points?

Things like that, its easy to say on paper, but takes practice to do well
That's kinda why I play the champs I listed, they have good pushing power, 3 of them have a good initiate and can tower dive, they're pretty mobile, and lastly they have a major team presence.

My favorite thing about blind pick, is that whenever I pick Mundo they love me. Not because I'm necessarily a good pick (if you can call him that), but they just love who Mundo is. But when I pick him in Draft, they call me a troll pick, ignite will shut me down, etc.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMaster3 View Post
So should I expect that Draft team communication should be way better than Blind off the bat?
hahaha

Aerodynamic

02-16-2012

draft and blind are basically the same. The only difference is that people in draft think that it's more competitive and have longer ques. For the most part people know who they are going to play, making the whole point of a draft pointless. You might find 1 or 2 people that actually counter pick or try to make a team comp that s has synergy.