Tone Down the Turrets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labomba

10-16-2009

Atleast during early game, the turrets act like a 2nd tower. Heimer makes it very difficult for his opponent to advance minions up a lane, and once 2-3 turrets get planted, my teams generally don't move past the turrets until level 6+ when health is ample enough to take a few hits. Between planting turrets and a tower in the backfield, Heimer sits in a very protective spot that grants him near immunity from ganks until mid-to-late game.

Turrets appear too easy to create as well. How is it during early game that this champ can plant 3+ turrets? It's as if another champion is in the lane with him. Also, the rate of fire is a bit ridiculous, and their health early on is quite high. Lastly, the duration is very lengthy. Do these turrets work without a resource drain (mana, ammunition, etc)? That seems a bit odd.

I would also like to comment that I laned beside Heimer for a game. The fact that he can plant a turret in the side forest entrances of lanes early on made it impossible for a player to attempt any ganks against us. A single turret watching a side entrance also provides vision to that area, so not only do we have an offensive unit guarding a side entrance, but we also have forewarning of a possible gank attempt. Of the games I played yesterday, I don't think anyone even bothered to gank Heimer early on. What's the point if this champion can sit behind minions AND turrets with a tower to his back, let his turrets farm gold, and he remains mainly out of harm's way.

Some things that should be looked into:

• Reduce health
  • Reduce duration
  • Reduce # of active turrets
  • Reduce rate of fire or decrease damage
  • Add a resource required to operate (say it gets 25 shots or something, then disappears, or it drains a small amount of mana from it's owner per shot)

Edit: I also wanted to comment that this hero, when typically playing defensive, creates some very long-duration matches. I thought LoL was moving towards a more offensive approach? I'm sure this champ can be played offensively, but by default his abilities scream defense.

Labomba

10-16-2009

Posting an update to my thread:

After 3 games tonight, I'm concluding that games on average are lasting atleast 15 minutes longer than normal, sometimes more. We had Heimer v. Heimer in my last game, 1 hr, 15 minutes was the match duration.

Problem: massive turret farms at the last mid-lane tower. Without some very lucky forest kills, we simply couldn't do much with the tower while all 5 champions, turrets, and minions were defending it.

The flow of the game has changed significantly when Heimer is present on one or both sides.

I still feel multiple turrets should not be allowed, or atleast not more than 2. Also, casting turrets should have a channeled time. Meeting Heimer in the forest, having him instantly drop a turret, and then blasting with his stun and missiles makes easy work of any champion early-to-mid game.

Hate to QQ about this, but this ability is causing grief in every game I've played. Both sides complaining during matches.

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2009

I feel u too, his towers have both high damage and are not easily taken down unless by good aoe, those turrets stall early attempts to push so all games drag to a stage when pushers can overcome turrets clusters, which is rly late, i had a game where our heime planted turret cluster at our 3rd tower and their heime planted turrets in front of our turret cluster, with each team camping around the clusters and walk up to aoe when aoe spell is ready. But we were losing cuz their alister kept healing their turrets lmao. I mean i know we could push other lanes or they can push other lanes but the fact that what i just wrote was happening is very very very sad and boring

Collo

10-16-2009

Protip: his turrets are stationary. You don't HAVE to push mid, you can easily push bottom or top - and it's a 5 minute nightmare for heimer to rebuild.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2009

build turrets
(like a boss!)
turtle lane
(like a boss!)
farm the minions
(like a boss!)
dark matter.....

run in fear
(like a boss!)
die in gank
(like a boss!)
etc etc etc

Layotees

10-17-2009

If you still need minions present to push a tower late game, you're doing something wrong.

But aside from that, the games are lasting that long because you refuse to adapt to the situation. Sure, Heimerdinger would add some real time to a map with a single lane, but our one map has three, so any real time added due to his turret defense is based on your own blind idiocy charging up mid. I'm really not surprised either, because people making these complaints are never pushing top or bottom, always mid. There are other lanes, and they aren't just there for levelling up.

seresibyl

10-17-2009

It would be interesting to make turrets basic firing attacks require mana per shot, so they get drained, and give them slow mana regeneration.

Then clarity will have a use! And then you can change Heim's passive to add Mana Regen!

And And And!

FellowerOfOdin

10-17-2009

I don't know why people complain about the turrets, any kind of AoE skill easily destroys them and makes them near useless. The critical point about Brainiac is his Grenade, allowing him to wreck buildings.

Lollerman

10-17-2009

Hey, just got back from a Cho'Gath game, Rupture doesn't do **** to turrets.

You can scream at them and eat them, but spikes from beneath them does nothing to them.

And agreed; good turret placements are crucial, so a good/bad Dinger is relative to player skill, and a camping Dinger isn't as good as one that kites you around the forest brushes. The grenades, on the other hand, is pretty dodgy, doing full damage to buildings, being capable of stunning, and with its heckish long range... I don't feel it needs to deal damage to buildings, doesn't really add anything dynamic, other than being able to take down buildings from behind treelines and what not.

A differet mechanic perhaps? Something like disabling/short circuiting the turret rather than blowing it up?

mermin

10-17-2009

wtf it has never occured to me that heinrich is OP. his turrets are even that strong. Ok he stacked them in the bushes. dont go in the bushes???