When to use different Solo Top Champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinoxsis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Hello Summoners!

I have become most comfortable in the top lane, and I have accumulated a handful of top lane champs but don't know when to use them. The current champs I play top are Jarvan IV, Udyr, Singed, Irelia, Akali, and Yorick. Which ones should I use vs melee/ranged, ad/ap, etc? Right now I basically just play what I feel like but I want to move towards trying to counter opponent top picks. Thanks!

Scary

02-15-2012

I'm not sure how you'd know what your opponent would be picking until the match starts. o.o

Sinoxsis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

During picks and bans and I pick after the opponent chooses a top champ? Example: 1st pick on their team is... Riven. Who would be best to counter this, etc.

Shipda Chef

02-15-2012

Its all about counter picking. for example. hey pick GP u pick pantheon. why? cause it blocks off his Q

Virgil

02-16-2012

There's a google document that's been floating around lately with a lot of quality counter picks and counter tactics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

See if that helps. Counter picks can be complicated at first but once you start understanding what types of champs counter which, it gets easier. Just try out a lot of different match ups and see what works best/worst.

TizzyE

02-16-2012

Yorick

@Seringan See the ... in the middle of the link? inb4 link doesn't work.

IshiFox

02-16-2012

In my opinion if solo top is your role of choice, get all the top laners you can, play them all, work out thier own strengths and weakness, and by that I mean also the strengths and weakness's in how you play the champ.

By doing that for yourself, you will know how to counter who and with who. Experience really does make a difference and help!