Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game](Minor){Graphical} Morgana's Spellshield in Spectator Mode.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlistarCanBePro

02-15-2012

Priority: Minor

Label: Spectator Mode, Graphical, Color choice.

Description: As most of us would know, Morgana's Spellshield has a purple 'health bar' indicator showing how much spell damage it will absorb before being destroyed. It just hit me now that while spectating the Purple Team Morgana, her shade of purple for her Spellshield is fairly close to the color of purple chosen to represent/highlight Purple Team.

The first time I saw this, I thought the spell absorbing health bar was invisible. To double check myself I asked two members (vLemon and Mr Derpa Derp) to help me test this 'graphical error'. When I looked closer, I saw the shades of purple were too closely related to each other. Wouldn't this be hard to differentiate between the two colors in the midst of battle?

Repro steps:
1. Spectate a game. (Drop in or lobby)
2. Observe Purple Team Morgana's Spellshield 'health bar' indicator.
3. Colors are almost the same.

Uploading from my computer just makes the images too tiny, I'll just provide links.

Without Spellshield: http://i43.tinypic.com/2uolwgh.png

With Spellshield: http://i40.tinypic.com/2vtcy0h.png

wht2give

02-15-2012

I see the difference very clearly, although some monitors of course might not, so I understand where the issue is coming from.

AlistarCanBePro

02-15-2012

Quote:
wht2give:
I see the difference very clearly, although some monitors of course might not, so I understand where the issue is coming from.

Yes, I have my brightness all the way up/right.

MV101

Recruiter

02-15-2012

One is slightly lighter than the other.

AlistarCanBePro

02-15-2012

Quote:
MV101:
One is slightly lighter than the other.

Thanks Einstein.

GotRiceBro

02-16-2012

Would hexdrinker show as the same shade of purple too? I have a feeling it would.

AlistarCanBePro

02-16-2012

Quote:
GotRiceBro:
Would hexdrinker show as the same shade of purple too? I have a feeling it would.

I haven't tried that yet, I'll get to work.