How many games do you expect to play before you reach your true Elo?

< 10 Games 180 1.63%
11-40 Games 819 7.41%
41-80 Games 1,162 10.52%
81-120 Games 1,737 15.72%
121-160 Games 665 6.02%
161-200 Games 929 8.41%
200-399 Games 1,703 15.41%
400-599 Games 1,087 9.84%
600-799 Games 456 4.13%
800-999 Games 170 1.54%
1000+ Games 2,140 19.37%
Voters: 11048. You may not vote on this poll

Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-15-2012
2 of 173 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAnony View Post
You might benefit searching around a bit. I've seen a fair number of threads with sub 30 players being matched in full 30 games.

Edit: Found one. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1750067
I've been following threads similar to this regularly; however, I want specific details/screens to really dig into these patterns and see what the problems are, and what we can do to resolve them.

Vsin

02-15-2012

I know I'm supposed to e-mail this with screenshots and everything, but I'd like to note this really, really weird observation I've made...

If a disproportionately higher Elo player (eg: 1500 in 1300 bracket) is queued with someone else low enough to "sink" them to that bracket (see: 1st and 5th picks), for some reason both players are worse than the bracket, or otherwise the weaker player is a LOT weaker than the bracket. By contrast, a "double same" duo (both adjacent in picks) is usually around the same skill level as the bracket they're placed in, give or take a bit.

It's mostly based off anecdotal observations, but for some reason this seems to happen almost every time I run into a duo team.

Yarantar

02-15-2012

The poll about true ELO is kinda irrelevant, imo

i believe people's skill level changes (hopefully they improve) and thus your "true" elo is an instantaneous measurement that can only be achieved in the short term

Sipsi

02-15-2012

Nooo Why did you add 1000+ AFTER you made it??? I want a revote!!!

Kapucino

02-15-2012

free bump >.< falling off the page

Dreggon

02-15-2012

My normal ELO seems to be a lot higher than it should be, yet somehow I get carried in most of my games so I never get dropped down. It's pretty nice actually.

edit: I want to revote too! It's like asking "Which would you prefer more? A) $10 in coins or B) $10 in notes. We'll give you whichever one you choose!" and then after that's been filled in you add a choice "C) Ten million dollars to your bank account right now".

1nonlycrazi

02-15-2012

Also something to consider, your true elo is not a static thing, as more games are played it most likely moves up. Itys not like you should get to your current elo then be stuck there forever.

bloatedbubbleman

02-15-2012

reduce the elo for winning as duo queue, with the person being carried (lower elo) significantly getting lower elo gain

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-15-2012
3 of 173 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhewyg View Post
my queue time is too **** high

like 1 hr
Could you e-mail me at Matchmaking [[[at]]] riotgames.com with the following:

1) What game mode are you queuing for?
2) What map?
3) What is your level?
4) What is your Elo, if in ranked?
5) Are you queuing with friends? How many?

kidco

02-15-2012

there are too many variables to determine true elo but most people I think are within their true elo + or - 300 points.

Some people get lucky and get carried their first few games where each game is worth 40 points while others get unlucky or after their first 10 ranked games, improve drastically over the next 10 but are still behind their true elo since they weren't as good or as lucky when they first started playing ranked.

In solo que a lot of it is just luck. sometimes I win 10 in a row if I get lucky and sometimes lost 10 in a row.