Alistar v. Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerandan

07-25-2010

so ive been playing around and have come to find i enjoy the tank classes rather well, but im not really sure who to go with on this one, both have solid attacks but im not really sure who i wanna learn to play as. so any suggestions/comments. Alistar or Nasus?

xpsychedelico

07-25-2010

Alistar is a true tank, he is CC heavy with great initiation, is able to soak up a lot of damage, but not really able to deal a lot of it. Nasus is more of a DPS/tank, allow him to deal a lot of damage while tanking, but he only has one CC and it is not the best initiator. Considering you're at a lower level, Nasus would probably work better in your favor as Alistar needs a good team behind him in order to do his job well. Nasus would be able to tank and probably kill, and this would be better at lower levels as not everyone understands or applies the concept of tanks and carries in the game.

Plainodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

With Nasus, he's not exactly a "tank".

With him, it's important to know you're not the one taking all the damage, you're more of an "off-tank", where you back-up the tank in all the damage soaking he does, but you still deal damage. Being that Nasus can have a HUGE damage output, he'd really be better for your level of play, as I'm sure most people are still wandering around solo where a tank wont be as affective as it is later.

I'd go with Nasus, Alistar is one of the most tried and true tanks in utility and damage soaking, but either one has their place in any team. Nasus just has everything you need with a more attack focus, and Alistar with a more offensive utility role along side his tanking.

Elboo

07-25-2010

Alistar has a very slow attack speed and he's better used as support and tower rushing. Learn to use flash with him. His flash-pulverize-headbutt combo is one of the best initiations in the game.People will ignore him late game cause he cant do any damage and he's hard to kill, so just Pulverize and try to get behind them to headbutt them and seperate them from the team.

Nasus is one of the best lane pushers in the game and can do nasty damage with his Q if you're good at last hitting. He's a DPS but he doesnt have the burst damage like most of DPS champs, but he's got a whole lot more survivability. Works best with a stunner IMO, you pop Spirit fire, someone stuns, cast Wither and whoop em with a Siphoning Strike. Pop Fury if needed or in a team fight. Core build on my Nasus consist of Mercury treads, Sheen, Chalice, then upgrade to Tri-Force. Anything else depends on opposition.

Both of these champs are not easy to play but if you pick one of those two then pick Nasus. You'll just get pissed off with Alistar when you initiate and your teammates dont know what to do.

I Stack Dodge

07-25-2010

What makes a tank is CC & the ability to force focus on you. great examples are shen and rammus, alistar & cho IF used right.

Alistar has 2 disables, A small heal great for keeping those minions alive or saving a running teammate and a ulti that increases his survivability. So if you want to be a true tank alistar is your choice.

however, if you want to dominate teamfights with high survivability nasus is your choice. He has no disables, only a slow. He can push fast and gets stronger the longer the game goes. His ulti makes teams run in fear and can be a game changer if used correctly.