Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Sauron

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uthgar

Recruiter

02-16-2012

Way better, but how much better? Is the formula used published, or is it just the one in DOTA/War 3.

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7993

Nilat

02-16-2012

Quote:
Kolos1001:
That was really changed? I thought it was a 1% chance every time and each hit was counted individually.

Mathematically that would make sense to me. So it sounds like some kind of artificial RNG algorithm is being used to ultimately make it somehow less random, but stable.

Kolos1001

02-16-2012

I had thought they were against the idea of "saving crit"

Sauron

02-16-2012

Quote:
Uthgar:
Way better, but how much better? Is the formula used published, or is it just the one in DOTA/War 3.

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7993

Way better than what a 9th ArPen mark would provide. :P

If I remember correctly though (The RNG remake was a while ago), its not quite the standard "consecutive hit" system for bell curving the crit/dodge rates. I'm having trouble finding the old thread where Xyph explained some details about it. Xypherous was aware of the problem of "saving" crits, though.

Nilat

02-16-2012

So essentially one rune gives you something that's even better than Ashe's passive. Nifty.

Kolos1001

02-16-2012

Quote:
Nilat:
So essentially one rune gives you something that's even better than Ashe's passive. Nifty.

it stacks with ashe's passive.