Runes for ad carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperVeloce

02-15-2012

Currently, I'm playing with my friends and im their ad carry bot. So far, I use red-flat ad, yellow-flat armor, blue-flat mr, and quint-flat ad for my rune page.
I often play caitlyn, kennen (whenever my friends tell me to play him, although i like ap better >.>), and graves/sivir sometimes.

I feel like there should be a specific rune page for each, so can anyone help me what other runes i should have for these champs?

Hyosun

02-15-2012

I can only suggest using scaling magic resist glyphs since you won't be dealing with ap damage early on in the game.

QiS Serenity

02-15-2012

In case of AD carries that rely on autoattacks like caitlyn and vayne, ALL flat AD runes (ones that do not scale) help you much early game. It gives you a significant advantage not only in harassing, but also last hitting minions for your farming. ArmPen runes are decent, yet I believe once you become a huge threat to the enemy team, they will start building armors and your runes alone will not suffice. That being said, you need to build LW and it's a superb armor piercing item singlehandedly; you won't need any additional runes for ArmPen once you build LW. So... all flat AD runes are the best option as an AD carry imo.

SuperVeloce

02-15-2012

Only change is mr/lvl? Are atk speed blues useful?

PrivatePlaces

02-15-2012

I main Graves, and I run AD red/quints and flat armor/mr seals/glyphs. I also run 21 9 0 masteries on him to synergize with his passive and give him a bit more health.

WickedArts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

I use a combination of AS, AD, and armor pen runes on my AD champs

corallein

02-15-2012

Flat MR is fine. Even though you should be more worried about physical damage early on, magic damage can still be a big concern (eg. the enemy support is Sona. That Q + Power Chord hurts).