Ip "boosters" in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsGonzie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

okay listen up guys, i posted a thread on this in the dominion part of the forums, but somebody mentioned that i should post this issue in GD for more awareness... well here it goes:

I have played a few games this week in dominion vs ai in order to try nautilus(whos awesome btw), and over the course of a few games there have been some players who have been acting... strangely. They seem to follow the same behavior a normal bot would do except its a human player. some of these players wouldn't "Talk", buy any items, and/or sit in a capture point for an eternity. And when these "players" head into a fight, they just run in and get massacred every time. (though once in a while they use an ult, though it is rare).

I wouldn't be posting this but i have seen several people with this kind of behavior, and i genuinely believe this is an issue(otherwise i wouldnt be posting this).

i want to know if anybody has encountered this sort of behavior themselves? I think riot needs to look out for these kinds of "players"

tl;dr: "players" in dominion vs ai, might possibly be boosting ip via a gaming bot(what i believe is happening from my experience with these "players" in dominion vs ai)

Kiddalee

02-15-2012

Try again but omit "Dominion" from your first post or its title. Just replace "Dominion" in the first post with "coop vs ai," perhaps? Say you're going to reveal the map in an answering post, then do so. The mods don't read these threads before moving them, they have bots do it.

larkhill

02-15-2012

if u want ur thread in general, dont say the word dominion. the forums currently have a system in place that auto-moves threads.

yes, we know its stupid but reds dont care about us so its whatever.

The Wrongsword

02-15-2012

The AI is so stupid i hope i get afks whenever i play against bots so the game goes long enough for me to mess around with item builds. I'd be happy to get robo teammates who do nothing but die in co-op games, I dont see the problem.

maxusmaximus

02-15-2012

I have actually come across this in 3 pvp games as well - 2 in a row where our mf was taking the same path to enemy mid every time capping til interrupted then dieing. When they respawn they would stand there for exactly 15 seconds before taking same path to enemy mid. The next time i saw it they were doing the same thing but it was going to top. If we held it the bot would just /b then run back to top after 15 seconds. This was on my smurf account and was around level 12 - 13. A couple people on my team said they had seen the same thing before.

Ragnar Draconus

02-16-2012

Likely someone running an AutoHotkey or similar script. For those who don't know, its just a macroing program where you can automate your keyboard/mouse actions so that it would play the game without them being at their computer.

Same thing that a lot of gold farmers use on MMO games.

v4v3nd3774

02-16-2012

I've also ran into this. I reported the player as AFK, leaving a description much like yours.