Should Riot do this?

F#%$ yeah. 533 60.16%
Nah, this is stupid. 353 39.84%
Voters: 886. You may not vote on this poll

Change the map angles.(purple side is unfair)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarlequinReaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

i do use the "unlock" feature. but i do find it way easier to lane from blue than purple simply because there is nothing blocking your view from the top on blue side. and on purple, the HUD block your view on bottom. i know you can make it smaller, but some people have vision problems seeing that small. so i support this idea

IshiFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Locking the camera, (although is a good way to focus back to your champ fast enough) is a bad habit! No matter what lane, or jungle from what side you are you can have a better advantage if you just don't lock the map in general!

MetalGuitarist

02-20-2012

unlock the camera, it'll take a few games to get used to it and then presto you won't even notice a difference between the two sides. It also gives a major view advantage. I remapped the unlock button to space bar, so i just hit space bar when I want to look at other areas of the map or to land a shot, and then mash space bar voila, centered on my champ. There is always a thread like this on the front page, stop asking because it isn't going to happen.

YokoNomi

02-20-2012

I agree they need less restrictions on camera movement. But until then, I strongly suggest to just invest in a mouse. I was a touchpad player for over a year when I had begun playing League of Legends, but now I have a mouse and it really is tons easier to play with. Even with the camera issue fixed, I'd still need to contort my fingers just to play the game, and that lead to unwanted pains by the end of each game.

Morrphine

02-20-2012

Wouldnt it just be easier to tilt the map 1/4 turn so river runs north and south instead of diagonal across the map, then bothe sides would be the same

Rerum Naturalium

02-21-2012

Maybe a larger zooming-out option, like LoL recorder, i think this would help to prevent missing skillshots more often on the purple side than the blue side. Just came up in my mind, not yet sure what the negatives could be.

PikaRioCed

02-21-2012

The only disadvantage Purple has is not getting mini golems.
I don't know what you are talking about.

Also, how can you even play this game with unlocked camera? I have never seen anyone do that in any stream ever. Why would you willingly not want to see things? How do you use long-range ults? It boggles the mind.

Deathcapt

02-22-2012

I'm not sure if OP is using locked camera, but I agree. I use free cam, but blue has a way better angle. you see more of what's ahead, and the perspective is more consistent.

The one advantage Purple has is that they can easily leash blue with 3 people for jungler. As most junglers start with blue, that's a game play advantage. But Blue can flash in and out of dragon from their jungle.

Deathcapt

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaRioCed View Post
The only disadvantage Purple has is not getting mini golems.
I don't know what you are talking about.
Purple's golems are top, so you can't have your two bot laners grab mini golems at the start.

Magic CXIII

02-22-2012

lol is this a troll post? i mean what a joke. what if you just end up on that side of them in a team fight you just think it will be different? this type of game genre is the way it is for a reason this isnt a fps game.