Should Riot do this?

F#%$ yeah. 533 60.16%
Nah, this is stupid. 353 39.84%
Voters: 886. You may not vote on this poll

Change the map angles.(purple side is unfair)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pur3 V3n0m

02-20-2012

My vote is to mirror it I don't usually play locked but if I do and i'm on purple there is a very noticeable difference in the sight. Landing skill shots in people like xerath or kog can really be a pain on purple even with unlocked cam just because of the angle

Zairex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

How about you just tilt it so they come in from the right and left?

And to everyone who says to just unlock your camera, you do realize that you're not the only people who play this game. Riot needs to make accommodations for all (or at least the majority) of its players.

Nacolá

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zairex View Post
And to everyone who says to just unlock your camera, you do realize that you're not the only people who play this game. Riot needs to make accommodations for all (or at least the majority) of its players.
The majority of its players can get past this issue by unlocking the camera. You're not the majority.

angryWelchMan

02-20-2012

The only issue I have is that from purple side in bot lane you can sometimes click into the mini map i problem I never have playing from blue. I would suggest simply being able to move the mini map. also for all the complainers you can reduce the HUD size which helps out a lot

Lord Katsuhiro

02-20-2012

Hmm, just a thought, and I dunno if anyone (myself included) would like it, but what about moving the toolbars to the top (as an option, not necessity, since there are those who insist they play fine regardless of side). This way you don't have to touch the map or camera, just change the toolbars to the "mirrored" side of the screen from your advance.
Again, not sure if anyone would like the option, but it probably would be easier to do.

ìćęŃ

02-20-2012

Leave it how it is. The only people who have problem with it are the brain damaged coke drinkers who didn't notice there was an options menu which includes things like "UI Scaling" and "keybindings" and also struggle kids who play with camera locked

try and pay attention to how you get stomped just as hard when you're on the easy side, I remembered this argument yesterday when I started on purple and how childish and trivial it has become in my mind after gaining the most basic of skills

sjlawton

02-20-2012

To everyone who says unlock your camera and it no longer makes a difference... Purple has a statistical disadvantage. That's just a fact. I would suggest simply lowering the tower life on purple by small increments until the stats even out.

Serpentine19

02-20-2012

Pruple side is at a disadvantage even with the camera unlocked. While on blue side u have a completely freed up space where the enemy should be, while playing purple there is the clutter of the health/mana bar, the map and your character attributes. This isnt all about people that play with there camera locked

Eaglefort

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx of Darkness View Post
It is called programming, and if you have no knowledge of it, then you would not understand how difficult it would be to achieve this. So many hundreds of thousands already play, and the servers would need to take additional strain by making half of those play on a mirrored map. Sure playing on the Purple side is different, but it isn't that different that it will cost you matches, UNLESS you let your mental dislike for the purple team get the better of you.
No. The servers wouldn't take any extra strain. This would be completely client sided. The server would still be sending and retrieving the same information(coords, directions, velocity etc.)

The purple sided client would just show the information from the server in a different perspective.

Although I don't think this is REALLY that necessary, It would be nice to have the option.

Lethe

02-20-2012

It makes no difference.

In tournament games like SCII you can't rotate the camera or anything, but it's fine and I've never seen this complaint before.