Should Riot do this?

F#%$ yeah. 535 60.18%
Nah, this is stupid. 354 39.82%
Voters: 889. You may not vote on this poll

Change the map angles.(purple side is unfair)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Katsuhiro

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoptastic View Post
Unlock your camera. Get better map awareness, all champions have the same sight radius. I played with a locked screen until about a month ago, it has made my game 100% better by unlocking it. And yes, I play a LOT of skillshot champs.
While champions do have the same sight radius, the toolbars on the bottom, as well as the facing of the characters when moving vertically makes seeing efficiently difficult.
(if there's a way to move the toolbars, please let me know.)

Eaglefort

02-19-2012

They could easily do this by just mirroring SR when you're on the purple team. So both blue and purple will advance upwards, but will still be advancing towards each other.

Blue Team's Perspective
|
V Purple Side
|.........................|
|______________|

^
| Blue Side

Purple Team's Perspective
|
V Blue Side
|.........................|
|______________|

^
| Purple Side

It would be a little confusing at times, but it gets the job done.

EDIT: man that's a terrible diagram, but hopefully you can see what i mean

Onyx of Darkness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

It is called programming, and if you have no knowledge of it, then you would not understand how difficult it would be to achieve this. So many hundreds of thousands already play, and the servers would need to take additional strain by making half of those play on a mirrored map. Sure playing on the Purple side is different, but it isn't that different that it will cost you matches, UNLESS you let your mental dislike for the purple team get the better of you.

My Right Ear

02-20-2012

I didnt know people played with the camera locked, i cant stand it because i can never see anything, unlocked is so much easier,

besides, for the short periods of time i want it locked i just hold down space and its k.

DubstepHippos

02-20-2012

I totally agree, I HATE being on purple side especially if I have long range spells, I need to move in a lot closer than normal to land it.

Toriberry

02-20-2012

I play with my camera unlocked, and I don't really have a problem landing my skill shots. But I will admit that movement from the purple side is more difficult simply because of the toolbar and the minimap getting into the way. I always feel a bit more claustrophobic from the purple side because I can't reach as far.

I've sort of gotten used to it, and I don't think it seriously hampers my playing any more (not as much as when I first started), but I do understand where people are coming from when they complain.

mattmcburney

02-20-2012

learn to play noob minion you suck balls regardless of side hahahahaha

SNES MINION

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmcburney View Post
learn to play noob minion you suck balls regardless of side hahahahaha
Great, the guy who gets several accounts banned a week at a time is gonna tell me i suck lol jk matt love ya!

mattmcburney

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNES MINION View Post
Great, the guy who gets several accounts banned a week at a time is gonna tell me i suck lol jk matt love ya!
hahah <3

AutoSys

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx of Darkness View Post
It is called programming, and if you have no knowledge of it, then you would not understand how difficult it would be to achieve this. So many hundreds of thousands already play, and the servers would need to take additional strain by making half of those play on a mirrored map. Sure playing on the Purple side is different, but it isn't that different that it will cost you matches, UNLESS you let your mental dislike for the purple team get the better of you.
It is not difficult to achieve. They can mirror the game so that each team has the exact same play of bottom to top. Including Dragon/Baron. The servers have nothing to do with it. They would take the exact same strain as they do now.