Should Riot do this?

F#%$ yeah. 533 60.16%
Nah, this is stupid. 353 39.84%
Voters: 886. You may not vote on this poll

Change the map angles.(purple side is unfair)

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

beastlyblackbear

02-15-2012

Well.. Invading jungle on purple side seems to be easier..

Crohnsplosion

02-15-2012

it IS a disadvantage but only on bot lane in my opinion. Unlocking your camera can only do so much. Plus it is distracting from what else is going on in the map. Also being top on purple side has a slight disadvantage because when you push tower you have he same problem. You cant see especially when playing against ranged charactors or players like blitzcrank where you can be grabbed and its GG

Virgil

02-16-2012

The purple side is fine, I actually prefer it (Easier access to dragon early game). Just unlock your camera. If you know how to position your camera it's equal on either side.

Saying the purple side makes you miss skill shots is a cop out, if you're missing skill shots it's because you need more practice not because "omg purple side unfair fix plox!"

hotfire

02-16-2012

I won't play xerath on purple side, just cause i have to scroll soo much further than when i'm on blue side

OninomizuRaaxon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

I have to say - lulwat. What sort of idiots make this thread? Seriously? Purple team gets a disadvantage? Is THAT what you're blaming? Learn to play, maybe, then lets have this conversation again sometimes, kthnxbai.

SNES MINION

02-19-2012

Thank you all for you're support and critique, as for those of you who say this isn't a problem, then i applaud you, you obviously know what you're doing and i thank you for the interesting tips, if you wouldn't mind helping by posting a video in this thread to show all of us that agree that purple has a lack of vision and is awkward to play from i'd thank you for the service you'd be doing to the lol community. Also, after thinking it over, i think that this type of edit would take a long time to work out and work on, and should be left alone. i say, if you are going to complain about this thread being useless, don't whine, just try and help fix the problem by showing us how we are wrong and how we can correct it, otherwise ur just being an a**. i thank you all and see you when i find the time.

SNES MINION

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OninomizuRaaxon View Post
I have to say - lulwat. What sort of idiots make this thread? Seriously? Purple team gets a disadvantage? Is THAT what you're blaming? Learn to play, maybe, then lets have this conversation again sometimes, kthnxbai.
I have to say - lulwut. What sort of idiot posts this comment? Seriously? I should learn to play? is that what you're blaming? Teach someone to be better, then let's have this conversation again sometimes, kthnxbai.

SNES MINION

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningBlueFlame View Post
Okay, if what your suggesting is simply seeing the map perspective from a different wangle without changing the map whatsoever (like purple is on blue's side when on purple team and blue is still on blue side on blue team). That would be a nice option to have.

If you are looking for a map change... undo my yes and replace it with a no, it would be a terrible idea that would alter game play far more than you think.
I like you're thinking, you know what's up, i don't think a map change is necessary, im just saying that if you flipped the perspective it'd be fine, the only problem would be it'd take a lot of programming, and that is not something that'd be easy or cost effective to do, so i'd like some feedback on what would be best. k?

Hoptastic

02-19-2012

Unlock your camera. Get better map awareness, all champions have the same sight radius. I played with a locked screen until about a month ago, it has made my game 100% better by unlocking it. And yes, I play a LOT of skillshot champs.

Lord Katsuhiro

02-19-2012

I completely agree that the purple side's camera angle needs to change.
I've tried unlocking the camera to remedy the problem but it doesn't help any (even after you get used to it, it still affects players' playing style, which makes the game less fun for them)
And yes, you could just flip the camera to solve the problem, which I'm sure wouldn't be too difficult to do and no doubt is much more important to a great many more people than new champions or skins.

12345612 ... 17