Should Riot do this?

F#%$ yeah. 534 60.14%
Nah, this is stupid. 354 39.86%
Voters: 888. You may not vote on this poll

Change the map angles.(purple side is unfair)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Little Boy Nate

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakan View Post
When I need map awareness I tend to look at the minimap to see what's going on. Frankly If I'm in a team fight with unlocked camera I'm gonna get my balls rocked. I mean why bother trying to master unlocked camera, when you can pay attention to the mini-map and essentially get the same awareness?

On-topic I approve of this camera perspective idea.
Key bindings - Center camera on champion with whatever button you want - No longer lose your champion in team fights and if you do, bam, back to the champion. Done.

Noctis XV

05-12-2012

For the "Nah, this is stupid" option, couldn't you have the camera angles to be optional? Like literally an option or a button that switches the camera so the people who like the original way can keep it, and the players who would prefer it the other way can just hit the button regardless of which side they are on.

That way, both sides get what they want.

MrMediumFries

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

I play many skill shot champions in all lanes and I don't find a difference on purple side except for the fact I dislike moving towards my own screen in top lane, I find it awkward.

Xion Dominagus

05-13-2012

I disagree. I myself prefer playing a purple. I don't mind if it is mid, jungle, top, or bottom, Purple in my opinion is just better. Screw blue, Purple FTW.

Also, I don't think anyone stated how Blue minions push harder earlier game, but around 25mins, purple minions push a lot harder for the rest of the match.

Masakan

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Dominagus View Post
I disagree. I myself prefer playing a purple. I don't mind if it is mid, jungle, top, or bottom, Purple in my opinion is just better. Screw blue, Purple FTW.

Also, I don't think anyone stated how Blue minions push harder earlier game, but around 25mins, purple minions push a lot harder for the rest of the match.
Now that you mention it.. I have noticed that purple is capable of making comebacks by pushing minions, but unless blue keeps a definite lead they will probably lose.

Xion Dominagus

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakan View Post
Now that you mention it.. I have noticed that purple is capable of making comebacks by pushing minions, but unless blue keeps a definite lead they will probably lose.
Exactly. Which is why when I 1v1 I always try to be on Blue Team, since it never gets to lategame in 1v1's .... I know it is cheap to get free gold from two free tower kills due to minions, but not too many people even notice this.

Sephrinx

05-13-2012

The angle blocks out about 30% of the screen.

PROTIP:
Play with your character centered around the topright portion of the screen. I barely am able to see myself in order to see whats going on downfield.

HideFromElf

05-31-2012

I don't know if this has been mentioned, it probably has been dozens of times, but I'm fairly new to the game. Yes I'm still ****. When I started I was really ****, so to get the minimal flaming and report so and so blah, blah, blah I'm FUKN PRO treatment from smurf accounts I played bot games. I'm sure everyone did at first.
People say that you can unlock your camera etc. Sure you can, but if you've only played bot games and you hit purple the first few times you play pvp you're gonna have a bad time.
If Riot is unwilling to change the camera for purple then imo they should make bot matches random too so that new players can become properly accustomed to playing from the other angle.
Yes you can create a custom from Purple to practise but unless you have a friends list already it would be boring.
Just my two cents. Blue does have the advantage simply because that is where a large percentage of us started and stayed for quite a few levels. If we were able to mix this up from the beginning it wouldn't be such a big deal come pvp and people's frustration.
So yeah, my vote wont be for them changing the map.
I would vote for them to give players a better chance to get used to being on Purple, but from the very start of their LoL career. It's only fair as the community seems to be divided. Long term players say it's cool and an advantage and it probably would be after a few hundred games, but graduating from bots to pvp atm is a bit harsher than it should be.

HideFromElf

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephrinx View Post
The angle blocks out about 30% of the screen.

PROTIP:
Play with your character centered around the topright portion of the screen. I barely am able to see myself in order to see whats going on downfield.
I'm still not the best and I do that with my Corki too. If I get in some serious trouble and need to Valkyrie and scroll too far back in panic? and I know I'm dead the screen keeps rolling and I lose him because the part of the map I need isn't in the top of the screen. This could happen playing on Blue too, but honestly, it's only ever happened on Purple
I just need more practice ...

Danish Vikingz

05-31-2012

Seriously,quit it with this idiotic ideas...

Unlock you camera and let the Riot staff focus on proper things...