Learn to Die in DOM.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Omega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Sauron must be the BEST big daddy ever!

ZedPower

02-15-2012

I basically agree with this thread. For every insane Leeroy Jenkins out there there's a craven coward who won't react to strong initiates or who would rather die running than fighting when given the choice. It is a continual tragedy.

Sauron

02-15-2012

lol I suck with Nautilus.

Pretty cool champ concept though, its a shame they made him AP based, imo. Nothing like swinging a GIGANTIC anchor and doing 60 damage to a minion.

Kiddalee

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
How to die majestically in DOM: Take Nunu or Galio or the like and ult on a point which is being heavily assaulted but lightly defended. Go out with a BANG.
Don't forget your Odyn's Veil.

Keonyn

02-15-2012

I do agree, for the most part, but it also depends on the situation. A few too many times I had a teammate that was near get jumped 3v1 in the jungle between mid and top and get wasted and then complain that I didn't rush in to save them. In those situations I'm not going to rush to save a teammate that will probably be dead or nearly dead when I get there just to go down with them when I can get to the point and at least have a fighting chance holding or delaying until other teammates arrive.

If the rescue was to help hold a point that'd be one thing, but I'm not going to rush to my death to fall with someone who got caught in the jungle where there's no strategic value and losing top would be a certainty afterwards. So yeah, overall I try to help teammates and will happily fall defending, but there are still times when backing off is the wisest choice.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

02-15-2012

How exactly does the faster respawn on dying with teammates work?

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
How exactly does the faster respawn on dying with teammates work?
if u die near the time teammates die, u tend to respawn at nearly the same time. making it much easier to make a strong push out than the horrible 1 at a time waltzing in that happens a lot

Glorious Bird

02-15-2012

Why die? Surviving could mean you can poke at a point cap and delay for another fight in your teams favor - coming back all fresh and what not. It is really situation dependent. Getting wiped out - or ACED - could result in a catastrophic series of events like losing 2-3 points.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
if u die near the time teammates die, u tend to respawn at nearly the same time. making it much easier to make a strong push out than the horrible 1 at a time waltzing in that happens a lot
What's the time window? Do I die with in 10 seconds? 20 seconds? 3 seconds?

MrMundungu

02-16-2012

It depends on who I'm playing.
Tanks and melee DPS, I'll happily follow you into death, so long as the impending death is worth anything to the team as far as winning is concerned. If I'm playing Leona, I'm going to die a lot, because my teammates are going to die less because of it.
There would be no reason why I'd run into the thick of battle as someone like Lux or Karthus, who can still keep the enemy from capping after winning that fight long enough to regroup.