So I suck balls...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeneralGerf

07-25-2010

About how long does it take til I suck less?

Terchio

07-25-2010

Your whole life. When you finally feel you have gotten better than your opponents, you will end up winning until you face even more powerful opponents and feel pathetic again. It's our curse.

GeneralGerf

07-25-2010

Hmm... that being said, about how hard is the learning curve? I've definitely yet to master key bindings and an understanding of the champions. I guess when it comes down to it, I wish I had been playing for 3 weeks straight and already knew what is going on.

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

It depends. You have to just get better at the game in general, and you have to find the right champ for you.

Try out Ryze, Annie, Ashe and Master Yi. Those are pretty easy characters to play, and they can help you get the basics down.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Well, here's some tips

1.Try Yi, enjoy him, get good as him, then cast him off and set him ablaze once you've gotten good.

2.Try some different Rune/Mastery combinations

3.Find a group of people to play with, yes it sounds dumb but it will actually make you better.

You really need to give a bit more information on what you are doing to make you "suck balls" if you want some real help, which if you explain, the much more than knowledgable community will be happy to help.

GeneralGerf

07-25-2010

I don't think I've gotten to the part where I can do mastery or runes. When Purchasing items should I stick with the recommended stuff or experiment with different items? Lucky for me I do have friends to play with. I just need to get more experience.

TheWaveWizard

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGerf View Post
I don't think I've gotten to the part where I can do mastery or runes. When Purchasing items should I stick with the recommended stuff or experiment with different items? Lucky for me I do have friends to play with. I just need to get more experience.
Recommended items are usually a good choice. Also make sure that you try all the free champs, but stick to one after you've tested them all, so you can learn them better.

Terchio

07-25-2010

If you want to know how difficult it will be to jump in, I'd say it's fairly difficult. Many who play this game now have been for several months, and likely had been playing very similar games for years before that. Many people moved to LoL after hearing about it advertized as an improved DotA/HoN, and so people who loved those games are flocking. You'd be amazed at how refined the playstyle has gotten.

That being said, I would try to find someone to guide you through some things. For the most part adjusting to hotkeys and such are essential, and require practice, but other things need covered (perhaps some help on sticky topics in this forum?) I'd be glad to help out, and I'm sure many others would as well (they do have a chat channel that will help with this on the LoL client.)

Damoklese

07-25-2010

the learning curve for games like this is kinda... i dunno.. odd.

Id say after one month you will feel competent.

But then after two months you will realize that you are competent, and you will look back on your play from a month ago and laugh at yourself.

Then the 3 month mark will come and you will be cursing your hubris a month ago, and realize that you still have so much to learn.

In the end you will realize that you pretty much knew everything there was to know about how to play the game after a week or so of playing, but it takes months on end for you to apply that knowledge effectively and on a consistent basis.

So.. the "learning curve"...relatively short.. but the path to greatness is never ending. Or at least...if it has an ending I have not spotted it yet

GeneralGerf

07-25-2010

Thank you guys! You're good people. It's refreshing to have a welcoming community!