Dominion: How does it work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauvagess

02-15-2012

Okay, so I get the basis of the game. Start at level 3, passive gold and EXP, global buff, run and capture points and hold them, kill minions that seem to purpose capturing/neutralizing points.....but how does this game work? It seems that everyone is just running around randomly killing, capturing points all over and the results end up rather random.

The reason I ask is because sometimes our points go down, sometimes the other team's goes down...though one particular game we somehow steamrolled the opponents, and they got down to 1 point left on their end....and they STAYED at 1. For twelve minutes straight. Took us down from out 417 to 128 before we finally got that last point away from them.

So what happened? What are the specifics of this mode? If I could understand how the base health is calculated I think I could enjoy this mode more. There's no real tutorials or help guides about Dominion, only for Classic.

urmamasllama

02-15-2012

after a team gets below 100 points they can only lose points by having less caps there is a super thread somewhere on here about all those little details

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Nekrogen has a pretty good tutorial that hangs around this board and I'd highly suggest checking it out. I'll give it a bump for good measure.

Nekrogen

02-15-2012

Whichever team controls strictly LESS control points on the map will have their overall health decrease at a certain rate depending on the control point difference. At only 1 control point difference, the team with less points will only lose 1 health per second, at 5 control point difference (5 cap), the team with no points will lose 5 health per second.

Nexus health can also be deducted by kills, but will not if the nexus health is 100 or below. Quests grant a 20 nexus health deduction to the enemy team, no matter what the nexus health is. There might be other ways to deduct nexus health, but I'm drawing a blank ATM.

Hope this helps, and yeah feel free to muse through my guide if you want to know more.

Sauron

02-15-2012

If I'm remembering correctly, the possible combinations for controlled points are:

(You-Neutral-Enemy: nexus reduction per tick)
0-5-0: 0
1-3-1: 0
1-4-0: 1
2-1-2: 0
2-2-1: 1
3-0-2: 1
3-1-1: 1.5
3-2-0: 2
4-0-1: 2.5
4-1-0: 3
5-0-0: 5

Additionally, while the nexus is above 100 health:

Killing a champion gives -2 health. (Or -3? I forget)
Neutralizing a point gives -3 health.
Capping a point gives -2 health.

Also, completing a quest gives -20 health regardless of current health (Can win the game).

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Obvious answer is obvious.

ALIENS!